share rss forum feed

KahunaNui

join:2000-05-01
Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

[AR] Data Usage Meter Incorrect

Noticed over 2 GB a few days ago but there is absolutely no way
there was that much data used on that day.

Has anyone else experienced grossly exaggerated meter results?
A few months ago we checked and everything appeared accurate. Now I can't trust this at all.

Sorry if there is already a thread on this. Checked and saw a mass of them but nothing seemed to point to this issue.

Thanks for any input

P.S. I find it very interesting that in their FAQ, everything points to it being our fault (other family members, malware\trojans etc.).
Yet I distinctly remember [in the past] not only reading about problems with this meter, but heard it from Cox support via landline.
This system is 1000% clean and always has been.

betterdan

join:2002-03-20
Portsmouth, VA

I haven't been able to access my meter results in 2 or 3 months.
All I see is "We're sorry. Your data usage information is unavailable at this time. Please try again later."

ikyuaoki

join:2011-04-12
Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit
reply to KahunaNui

I haven't experianced any grossly exaggerated meter, That I managed the sustainable meter down/up combine how much I consumed the data meter.

Sorry to hear this, It is cox policy about meter because Cox have right to meaures the meter in down/up combined at one point of ISP there is nothing you can control to do.

maybe you have a bad topology setup anyways, please harden your internal networking inside your house, stop using wireless connections to the in-house router in your home that only way to stem the consuming the meter data down/up rates.

Buy a second line to add more meter capacity

or

otherwise, you'll get the cox letter rushed in no time right there.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

If your not able to monitor your useage from the ISP, then the ISP doesn't need to send you letters, if they do and threaten to cut you off, seek legal help. As far as I'm concern, this is BS and the whole idea of crapping us every month is just a way to screw the end user out of something we have very little of.

Ameth

join:2011-07-20
reply to betterdan

said by betterdan:

All I see is "We're sorry. Your data usage information is unavailable at this time. Please try again later."

Have you put in a ticket?

Ameth

join:2011-07-20
reply to KahunaNui

said by KahunaNui:

Noticed over 2 GB a few days ago but there is absolutely no way
there was that much data used on that day.

What does your router monitoring application say what the traffic you are passing should be? Shouldnt be too hard to check the logs and IP's against the actual use.

betterdan

join:2002-03-20
Portsmouth, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Ameth

said by Ameth:

said by betterdan:

Have you put in a ticket?

No. When I could see it, I never went over limit and now that my step daughter finally moved out it should be even less. I am just saying I can't see it even if I wanted to but it really is no big deal I guess.

KahunaNui

Fayetteville, AR
reply to betterdan

Maybe this was what was meant when we heard [or read] about the troubles with it.

However, I've been reading in other forums about so many ISPs having 'problems' with their data usage meters... makes me wonder.

KahunaNui

Fayetteville, AR
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Ameth

Thanks... sounds like a plan. Don't use wireless at all here.
But I totally forgot that it encompasses traffic BOTH ways. duhhh.
Still I don't believe we used that much on that day\night.

I do realize that to many internet users, that is a paltry amount of data.

Azlen

join:2010-05-03
Peoria, AZ
reply to KahunaNui

Mine is wrong in the other direction. I had to redownload some home movies and pics I had backed up on a cloud drive and the data usage meter only showed half of what I actually had to download. Not that I'm going to complain about that.