Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

Pfsence and 2 vlan

Good morning,

I built a box with PFsence. on the wan interface, i had setted 2 VLAN (35 for pppoe and 36 for iptv). This is that way as my ISP/IPTV provider provide normally a connection hub to manage that.

Tonight, with pfsence, I was able to setup the wan connection to use both vlan, and get them working. I create a wan interface named WANINET for my pppoe connection, and WANIPTV for the Iptv connection.

I added, in the routes, a route for the multicast (224.0.0.0/4) and 10.0.0.0/8 network to go through the WANIPTV port.. I also setted up the IGMP proxy, and added 2 rules in the FW to allow traffic (224.0.0.0/8 and 10.0.0.0/4) to the WANIPTV network..

My internet connection work, and IPTV too.. im able to watch tv, all channels.. BUT.. only one thing.. after 10 seconds, the TV tell me that there is a loss of signal. I change channel and it come back, for another 10 seconds..

Any one have an idea about this?

thanks

bTW, if im in the wrong forum, please move
Frank_IT

Frank_IT

Premium Member

I was told MTU can affect?

I did a packet capture, and I dont find anything, and even the cause if I post them, can somebody help me?
phantom99b
join:2008-08-04
Chillicothe, IL

phantom99b to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT
What packages do you have installed on the Pfsense box?

If you have the HAPV installed it can impact the streaming of video due to the way its setup.

Frank_IT
Premium Member
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

Under package there is nothing..

I installed the "basic" from the CD.. i did not add anything.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to Frank_IT

Premium Member

to Frank_IT
You have a multicast routing issue. You're losing the channel when it switches to multicast -- every IPTV system I've ever heard of uses a unicast stream initially so you see the channel almost immediately, while the multicast path sets up.

I don't know what IGMP proxy / router software is being used, but I've yet to find any opensource packages that actually work correctly.
phantom99b
join:2008-08-04
Chillicothe, IL

phantom99b to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT
Depending on your version of pfsense, I would try the suggestions on »forum.pfsense.org/index. ··· 8.0.html

What you need to do there is as follows:

In services, go to IGMP Proxy

From there you need to setup 2 things

Upstream (Set this to your WAN Details)
Downstream (Set this to your LAN Subnet)

All IPTV needs an IGMP Proxy configured on the network to function properly, so setting the above up should rectify that issue. If not, post down what configurations you run at home and we can take a look at it

Frank_IT
Premium Member
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

Hi Phantom99b.. already did that setup

When I'll be home tonight, i'll take screenshot of config and will post it.

thanks
Frank_IT

Frank_IT

Premium Member

I tought about one thing... is that possible that the "firewall" is acting on the IPTV Interface? if so, how can I disable it on that interface and leave it only on the Internet Wan PPPoE Interface?
tomdlgns
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21

tomdlgns

Premium Member

said by Frank_IT:

I tought about one thing... is that possible that the "firewall" is acting on the IPTV Interface? if so, how can I disable it on that interface and leave it only on the Internet Wan PPPoE Interface?

go to the IPTV rules in the firewall section and set the rule to allow any/all for everything.

switch to the WAN/PPPoE tab under the firewall section and create any rules you'd like.