how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

GreyWolfX42

join:2001-08-25
Tulsa, OK

[OK] COX Tulsa Email Outage

I have not been able to receive any email since sometime last night. This occurs on both my client email system (Thunderbird) and the COX Webmail app online. I can send with no problems. It is impossible to get through to the support desk. Can anyone please provide some helpful information? I have critical data that I need to access.

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
Probably the same issue noted here: »E-mail POP access down?

GreyWolfX42

Tulsa, OK
Do these outages mean that the entire COX POP email system is inoperative? VA is a long way from OK.

No_Strings
The OC
Did you read the thread? People in FL, NE, OK, AR and LA are reporting problems as well as VA.

GreyWolfX42

Tulsa, OK
After 1+ hr on hold, I talked to a rep who had no clue as to when it would be fixed. I find it incredible that an ISP that touts itself as a first class operation has no credible backup and recovery procedure for situations like this. I have noticed a gradual decline in COX service over the last 2-3 years and it appears that the trend is accelerating. Fortunately, I have alternatives and this increases the liklihood that I will begin to pursue them.

Steve Clark

join:2001-06-10
Peoria, AZ
reply to No_Strings
Add Arizona to your list. I'm in Phoenix and haven't been able to retrieve email with my client OR Web Access since 6:00am (mst) this morning.

No_Strings
The OC
Yep, missed that one.

m8trix

join:2003-12-24
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Steve Clark
email still working for me here in phx

Steve Clark

Peoria, AZ
Mine JUST came back at 9:05am (mst). My email client logs showed it couldn't connect for 3 hours.

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:79
reply to Steve Clark
Arizona (west coast) markets are not impacted. For those of you that remember the older server names it's only east and central that are affected.

Steve Clark

Peoria, AZ
Perhaps unrelated, but I was still not able to connect with my client or Webmail for 3 hours. But, now all is well.

No_Strings
The OC
reply to CoxTech1
Outgoing to smtp.west.cox.net has been intermittent and sluggish.

Incoming from spop.west.cox.net has been sluggish since at least 6AM.

Steve Clark

Peoria, AZ
reply to CoxTech1
Just to be sure, in Phoenix is our incoming server still "pop.west.cox.net?"

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
reply to GreyWolfX42
FWIW...

My daughter-in-law out in Goodyear, AZ told me her Cox mail is very slow but she was able to get in.

I still can't access either Cox POP3/SMTP email or webmail here in deep south Texas...

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:79
reply to Steve Clark
Server names changed a while back. They're now pop.cox.net and smtp.cox.net.

GreyWolfX42

Tulsa, OK
reply to GreyWolfX42
Summary -Email Outage Update as of 11:45 am, December 15th

Detail:Customers in Arizona, California, and Nevada are not affected by the email outage.

For all other sites, Cox technicians continue to work to restore residential email service. Our top priority is to restore service. Unfortunately, at this time, we estimate service may not be restored until tonight. If you use Outlook Express or another mail client, you are able to send mail; however, incoming mail is not available at this time. Incoming messages are being stored and should be available when service is fully operational. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We will continue to provide regular updates throughout the day.

Steve Clark

Peoria, AZ
reply to CoxTech1
Geez. Now that I'm recievein mail, when I try to send mail my client is telling me that smtp:cox.net is offline. Just can't win today.

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to GreyWolfX42
Yeah, email seems to be down for me as well when checking pop.east.cox.net in Oklahoma City. Network status page acknowledges the problem. Doesn't really affect me that much as the only email that goes to that account is from Cox itself.