Search similar:

uniqs

doa
join:2001-09-19
Baldwin, NY

doa

[WIN7] Internet explorer slow looking for ideas

Hey everyone

I have tried just about everything, Even uninstalling and no luck.
Win7 64 internet exp 9 very slow and almost does not respond when run with add-on's turned on. If I run it without add-on's runs just fine.
I have check for virus and none, used a couple of different programs.

1- did un-install and re-instilled IE9.
2- if I run without without add on's its fine.
3- I have disabled all add on's and still nothong.

Open to ideas.

Mike
doa

doa

Note to self, uninstall all add ons and all is workng again. Lets see how it goes
Shootist
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA

Shootist to doa

Premium Member

to doa
Give Chrome a try. Been using it for a few years with only some small glitches on certain sites. Best part it Sync across all of my computers, both Windows and Mac.

jap
Premium Member
join:2003-08-10
038xx

jap to doa

Premium Member

to doa
Vast majority of non-infection browser issues are
1. conflict between two or more add-ons
2. a browser update renders an add-on dysfunctional (at least until addon author makes a fix).

Not sure how IE handles addons during updates but Mozilla Firefox has solved #2 by harvesting conflict data from the early release crowd then upon mass release the update auto-disables offending add-ons and highlights them in the list. No browser downtime + no fiddling around trying to suss what's wrong.

Recommend you remove least favorite add-ons one-by-one until you ID the offender, re-add the ones you've taken off, test, then go to MSIE user forums and see if you can learn why the *apparently* offending addon is acting out. If it's an incompatibility with another add-on then you have a choice of which to keep. Check both for alternatives (competing add-on with similar functionality) as one might have a good alt, the other none.

G'luck! Hope you don't have too many to sift through.
Expand your moderator at work

doa
join:2001-09-19
Baldwin, NY

doa to jap

to jap

Re: [WIN7] Internet explorer slow looking for ideas

The only two I did not turn off/disable was Java and Flash.
I did an un-install of both and everything works again.