how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

drjp81

join:2006-01-09
canada
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

said by TSI Marc:

said by drjp81:

***if I was a defendant, I would have to subpoena them as an expert witness for my defence, because after all, they are the only party with *any* knowledge of what I do online and how any of my data is handled passed my modem.

Again, we have *no* knowledge of what you do or any of our customers do online.

Hi Marc. First, please don't take this as criticism. There will be plenty of that to go around. I'm just throwing things out there hoping it will help anyone, including you guys. I've not been mailed about this case so I really don't have any vested interest in this debate. I try to put myself in your shoes, what would worry me. So look at it as brain storming.

I honestly find the request for 2000 IPs in the given period of time on the said media titles, fishy. Don't you?

That being said allow me to retort: who else knows what IP I obtained during any time but you and MAYBE I? How my packets are handled when they negotiate with canpire's infrastructure? What my data should look like if it is unmolested, versus if it was manipulated.

The MAC address info in the headers of packets of a wireshark log are deceptively easy to change, but since a good number of these are yours, who else can authenticate them and how they should have been handled?

I agree that you may not have records of this, but you *are* an expert on how these things work, and the only ones with knowledge of how it's all fed/sent throughout the internet.

As I said, I would have made this a point in front of a judge before handing out the data. It will come back to haunt you, I am almost certain. But I may be accused of being paranoid.

Some guys on here understand these things a lot better than I can fathom, and one of them is bound to figure out how you are implicated (technically as a transport as it may be) in explaining how, likely or not, things happened as Voltage is alleging.
--
Cheers!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
said by drjp81:

said by TSI Marc:

said by drjp81:

***if I was a defendant, I would have to subpoena them as an expert witness for my defence, because after all, they are the only party with *any* knowledge of what I do online and how any of my data is handled passed my modem.

Again, we have *no* knowledge of what you do or any of our customers do online.

Hi Marc. First, please don't take this as criticism. There will be plenty of that to go around. I'm just throwing things out there hoping it will help anyone, including you guys. I've not been mailed about this case so I really don't have any vested interest in this debate. I try to put myself in your shoes, what would worry me. So look at it as brain storming.

I honestly find the request for 2000 IPs in the given period of time on the said media titles, fishy. Don't you?

That being said allow me to retort: who else knows what IP I obtained during any time but you and MAYBE I? How my packets are handled when they negotiate with canpire's infrastructure? What my data should look like if it is unmolested, versus if it was manipulated.

The MAC address info in the headers of packets of a wireshark log are deceptively easy to change, but since a good number of these are yours, who else can authenticate them and how they should have been handled?

I agree that you may not have records of this, but you *are* an expert on how these things work, and the only ones with knowledge of how it's all fed/sent throughout the internet.

As I said, I would have made this a point in front of a judge before handing out the data. It will come back to haunt you, I am almost certain. But I may be accused of being paranoid.

Some guys on here understand these things a lot better than I can fathom, and one of them is bound to figure out how you are implicated (technically as a transport as it may be) in explaining how, likely or not, things happened as Voltage is alleging.

All good. No offence taken. I think this is all important dialogue.

"I honestly find the request for 2000 IPs in the given period of time on the said media titles, fishy. Don't you?"

If I get into that, I'm wading into the merits of their case. Certainly, nothing I would say, couldn't be said by anybody else on Monday. That's the point about the notice period. It's why I'm here now *ahead* of Monday. Anybody can read anything here and if they don't like it, show up on Monday and make your case. Are you going to be there on Monday? Why not?

For the logs.. I agree that this plays a role but I'm not certain exactly what role it plays yet. It's why I started that other thread.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy