cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross

Re: [Bill] Big Chicago price increase

I'm seeing two different line items for "Blast!" internet service and "Extreme 50".

I thought Blast was supposed to be 50 Mbps download. If so, what's the difference between Blast and Extreme 50?

When will comcast grow up and actually list their speeds instead of promotional/marketing names *sigh*
aabaaf
join:2011-12-09
Wheaton, IL

aabaaf

Chicago has not yet been upgraded where BLAST is 50 down. That's why there are 2 prices. The North East where they have competition with something that can as fast is the only place that has been upgraded thus far. They are "soon" expanding that to other markets, but not yet.

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp

Premium Member

Exactly. Thank you!
travelguy
join:1999-09-03
Bismarck, ND
Asus RT-AC68
Ubiquiti NSM5

travelguy to aabaaf

to aabaaf
Click for full size
said by aabaaf:

The North East where they have competition with something that can as fast is the only place that has been upgraded thus far. They are "soon" expanding that to other markets, but not yet.

Not exactly...
travelguy

travelguy to cp

to cp
said by cp:

I thought Blast was supposed to be 50 Mbps download. If so, what's the difference between Blast and Extreme 50?

Blast is migrating to 50 and Extreme is migrating to 105. Unfortunately, the changes are rolling out neighborhood by neighborhood and I haven't seen any published schedules.