how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

disconnected

@snet.net

AT&T is Hiding Behind a Proxy Server?

I am unable to post on Karl Denningers Market Ticker because in his words:

"Your account is coming through some sort of intermediary that accepts connections in the reverse direction. That is, it's coming via a proxy server or similar.

Most areas of the forum prohibit this for non-donor accounts to stop spammers, who hide behind these sorts of servers. The Sandbox does not since it is a testing area.

I cannot exempt you from the check as an unvalidated user (that is one, for whom all I have is an email address); donors (of any sort, including one-time "green" star holders) are exempt, since I have a verifiable identity for those individuals.

Check with your ISP to see what they're doing in this regard.

On 12/14/2012 8:54 PM, Mark & Mary Ann Weiss wrote:

username: basspig

Proxy Detected
It appears you are accessing the forum from a proxy server. You may not post to the forum from proxied access on your user classification.
In general the forum does not support, and discourages the use of, proxy servers. The system owners believe that you should be willing to be stand behind your words.
If the system has mis-identified your access as coming from proxy when it is in fact not, please contact info@cudasystems.net and stick "i-agree" in the subject line. Include your forum login ID and we will investigate why your account was flagged for proxy use and get back to you.
For more information on our policy related to proxies please see The FAQ.
Please click on your browser to return to your previously displayed page."

Why is this, and how do you correct it?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

1 recommendation

said by disconnected :

I am unable to post on Karl Denningers Market Ticker because in his words:

"Your account is coming through some sort of intermediary that accepts connections in the reverse direction. That is, it's coming via a proxy server or similar.

Why is this, and how do you correct it?

My guess would be, "Carrier Grade Nat", which is AT&T's plan for implementing IPv6 compatibility. AFAIK, the only corrective action is to drop AT&T for another provider.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

disconnected

@snet.net

I don't want to go back to dialup. But thanks for the suggestion. Mr. Denninger is working on the problem. For some reason it seems specific to my ISP alone.

whfsdude
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to NormanS

said by NormanS:

My guess would be, "Carrier Grade Nat", which is AT&T's plan for implementing IPv6 compatibility. AFAIK, the only corrective action is to drop AT&T for another provider.

It is likely CGN but that has nothing to do with IPv6 compatibility. CGN is due to IPv4 exhaustion and attempting to prolong the life of IPv4.

AT&T offers 6rd so you can have an IPv6 address. Of course servers which you are trying to reach will have to have IPv6 enabled as well.

CGN is why it's so important that every get on the IPv6 bandwagon as soon as possible.