Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
reply to toy4x4

Re: Email Notice Popups in Browser

I'm glad I found this thread as I've been very curious about the Cox pop-up. I do not have any toolbars installed in Firefox and do not have the Cox security suite installed. I do use no-script and adblock and the Cox popup is not deterred by either one. I use 2 different Level One DNS servers rather than the Cox default DNS servers. I'm curious how they are doing it.

EDIT: Ah, uguu posted the script that is doing it. I can see 2 instances of it in NoScript that I inadvertently had enabled:

184.178.98.52 and 184.178.98.53 are driving it here. NoScript blocks it nicely. Thanks uguu!

--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)

Brybry

join:2012-12-15
said by Ender3rd:

I do use no-script and adblock and the Cox popup is not deterred by either one.

noscript by default blocks this, you must have it set rather permissive.
Just set it to block scripts from 184.178.98.101 (assuming that's the only server they have feeding the script but you should be able to find it in the dropdown list either way).

Ender3rd

join:2001-07-15
Connecticut
Yup, it happened when I "allowed all" on my own webpage so I could view some flash content I had installed. The 184.178.98.xx IP was allowed and the pop-ups were no longer blocked anywhere.
--
Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them. (Charlie Reese)