MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to DownTheShore

Premium Member

to DownTheShore

Re: TSA detains sick girl...

said by DownTheShore:

And how many thousands of people pass through TSA screenings every day without incident and whose screenings are quick and efficient? We never hear about those - only the anomalies make the news.

I've flown to the USA a few times and while all of the screenings I went through were without incident, I can't say that they were "quick and efficient".

Then again, it's not "quick and efficient" here in Canada either. But at least we get to keep our shoes on.

On average I've spent significantly more time waiting in security line-ups at airports, than the amount of time spent at the check-in counters.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

said by TheMG:

I've flown to the USA a few times and while all of the screenings I went through were without incident, I can't say that they were "quick and efficient".

Then again, it's not "quick and efficient" here in Canada either. But at least we get to keep our shoes on.

On average I've spent significantly more time waiting in security line-ups at airports, than the amount of time spent at the check-in counters.

What really burns me up is the monetization of the the security checkpoints. I'm referring to Nexus/Global Entry/Pre check/Frequent flyer priority lanes.

Why the hell is it OK to let SOME people bypass security checks? Do they not think that someone looking to get past security might go through the process to get one of these things?

Even just access to shorter lines for frequent flyers seems wrong to me. These things remove incentive for the TSA to improve the process for ALL passengers.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

Blogger

Premium Member

said by djrobx:

What really burns me up is the monetization of the the security checkpoints. I'm referring to Nexus/Global Entry/Pre check/Frequent flyer priority lanes.

Why the hell is it OK to let SOME people bypass security checks? Do they not think that someone looking to get past security might go through the process to get one of these things?

Even just access to shorter lines for frequent flyers seems wrong to me. These things remove incentive for the TSA to improve the process for ALL passengers.

I do not know about the use of such programs like Global Entry, Nexus, or Sentri for going through airport checkpoints. I only am familiar with them to re-enter the United States, (in my experience by car from Mexico using Sentri.) All I can say is that the application process and the background screening to obtain the "pass" is extensive and includes a personal interview. Any blot or irregularity in your background or application will fail you.

chkptdewd
@verizon.net

chkptdewd to djrobx

Anon

to djrobx
said by djrobx:

said by TheMG:

As stated, if you have Nexus/Global Entry etc your background is already checked.

The shorter lines for frequent fliers is an airline thing, not the TSA. The TSA has little incentive to improve the process just like any government bureaucracy, they are nearly impossible to hold accountable.