how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

amok

@cox.net
reply to toy4x4

Re: Email Notice Popups in Browser

I finally found this forum, was looking for same explanation. How did they inject popup??

For me, it only comes up on Loseit.com
I'm on a mac
using google and level 3 for DNS.
have motorola cable modem.
no cox software of any kind installed.
Called their tech support and they had no answer other than they sent it out to all their subscribers, but my friend who is on a mac, but different cable modem didn't see it.

the dude74

join:2012-12-15
I believe it modem based, but I'd like to hear if someone with just another 3rd party modem has been facing these issues.

But man my trust in Cox has diminished quite a bit, a popup isn't so bad its how they did it is the kicker.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
There is a service in windows that allows popups to just come up.. perhaps cox is taking advantage of that, what's next, advertisements on cox media?

-Rob

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
From the Cox Comm FB page:

»tech.slashdot.org/story/12/12/15···=twitter

An anonymous reader writes "Cox Communications appears to be injecting JavaScript and HTML into subscriber's traffic, as part of their effort to announce an email service outage. Pictures showing the popup."

-Rob

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to the dude74
said by the dude74:

I believe it modem based, but I'd like to hear if someone with just another 3rd party modem has been facing these issues.

But man my trust in Cox has diminished quite a bit, a popup isn't so bad its how they did it is the kicker.

I use a Cisco DPQ3212 supplied by Cox and using OpenDns and Level 3 DNS as backup. I use Waterfox browser which is Firefox in 64 bit. and I have never had one of these popups. When I use regular Firefox I don't see it in it either. Must be from the security settings people set in their browsers.

nmlobo

join:2002-11-02
Yorktown, VA
I agree. It must be a browser setting that is allowing the message. I have a Moto 6120, IE9, and Cox DNS. I have not seen a single pop-up message.