All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
nedriv
join:2006-08-07
Somerset, CA

nedriv

[HN9000] I'm a BAD boy, Again, Go Figure!

I just got notified that my post was removed on the Hughesnet Community forum.

I had replied to posts from Pablo and Mick and referenced a post by Snow (an HN moderator). Here's the link to the thread on Hughesnet to which I replied:
»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ood_here

Here's my removed post.
======================================
Pablo and Mick,
When Snow says: "The majority of our customers are receiving great speeds..." Doesn't really convey much information given that a "majority" is as low as 50% plus one user, and "great speeds" is subjective and has no objective meaning at all. There may be many gen4 users out there who are happy with the "feel" that gen4 is faster than what they had with HN7000 or HN9000. If they're happy, good for them.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean necessarily, that gen4 is giving them what the are paying for. They just don't know or care as long as it "feels" faster than what they had previously. I personally don't understand that perspective. I'm sure if they went to the store and purchased 5 pounds of steak, they would want to know that they got 5 pounds of steak NOT that is "felt" like 5 pounds.

I'm sure there are happy gen4 customers out there, however, that does not relieve HN from providing acceptable service to those who are not getting what they pay for. I believe it is the moral responsibility of any company to provide what customers pay for.

Anyway, I'm still not planning on a gen4 upgrade since:
1) I can't afford the more expensive gen4.
2) If I could afford it, I would still wait until I saw a significant reduction in the volume of speed complaints on this forum, on facebook, and on twitter.

In any event, based on posts on this forum, It seems HN is making slow progress on resolving some of the speed issues that have been experienced by some gen4 customers.

I just wish HN would be more up front with a description of issues that people are experiencing including estimated resolution dates. I feel very confident that they have this information internally, otherwise they couldn't schedule resources and plan for "patches" to be implemented. I think it would do HN a world of good, in the user community, to be more open, especially when someone calls to inquire about a gen4 upgrade.

Regards,
Ed V
================================

Here's the reason given for removing my post:
=================================
Replies can be removed by community moderators if they contain inappropriate content or private information. This was the reason given in this case: Hughes: "Ed, if you have concerns which are specific to your system please feel free to start a new thread. Thanks, Sara"

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

WOW, they popped that reply already ?
I have been banned from posting there myself and it doesn't take much.

When they first started that forum I was hopeful that Hughes was finally starting to listen to its customers.
Now it looks more like Nazi Germany.

In years past dslreports was THE place for information about Direcway/Hughes. It still is really, however you don't see the technical questions from years past.

There have been a couple of long term members from here that have tried to share their knowledge and experience and have verbally slapped or "uninvited" from that forum.

It doesn't matter how remarks are phrased...if it does not show Hughes in a positive light away it goes.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to nedriv

Premium Member

to nedriv
Hughesnet would do better if they had a support member here on DSLReports and scrapped the useless community forum. It'd even save them money. But something tells me that is not going to ever happen.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

In a way they did.
Someone would login as "hughesnet" or "hughes net".
Was believed to Patrick Fisher from Hughesnet.
At least he always posted factual info AFAIK.
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14 to gwalk

to gwalk
hughes has really cracked down on the negative posts ever since the launch of gen 4

it's a shame because when they first launched that forum, they were pretty good about letting people vent and air their frustrations, so long as there was no personal attacks involved
nedriv
join:2006-08-07
Somerset, CA

nedriv

said by chances14:

hughes has really cracked down on the negative posts ever since the launch of gen 4

it's a shame because when they first launched that forum, they were pretty good about letting people vent and air their frustrations, so long as there was no personal attacks involved

I guess what baffled me was, I didn't think I was being negative. I made a suggestion for HN to be more open to provide users with better status information.

I tried to stay on topic as to whether people were getting the speeds they pay for, and WHAM! My post is history.

I think it's pretty funny. And, I'm not laughing with them but rather ________. Fill in the blank.
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

1 edit

marsh_0x

I didn't have any removed posts and was banned anyway, not a clue why ? Boggles my mind and can't get a reply from Sara.

Hi gwalk
I'll return your email soon with some secretive info.
Let's see how fast a HN crawler see's this post, haha they can't remove this one.

Oh yes they monitor here more than their own Community board.

To be continued...

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

I lasted about 2 weeks there. Even constructive criticism is deleted. The bad part is the moderators typically cite the reason as some vague violation of the forum terms and conditions. Yet the HughesNet community forum no such terms. Several times I followed a hyperlink to the alleged terms, every time it landed on the GetSatisfaction terms and conditions. There was never once a single thing in the GS "Prohibited Conduct" section that was anywhere near being applicable to the Hughes moderators allegation.

So just for the helluvit, I contacted GS customer service. They apologized for the conduct of HugheNet moderators, but said they're just a customer of the GetSatisfaction forum service. GS claims to have no influence over how Hughes moderates their forum, and can't really do anything about the fact that a customer is inappropriately applying the GS terms to any given forum they serve.

So the terms and conditions and prohibited conduct justification that Snow and company cite - actually apply to HUGHES - not to we actual (and former) members. Not only were we censored and banned unjustly, it wasn't even for any legal/legitimate reason !!

//greg//

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

I am surprised they haven't banned me yet honestly. I have kind of given up trying to help, especially when they keep saying it is consumer end issues and refuse to accept the fact that it's software/bugs on the companies end. I know a few of the engineers are working hard on fixing particular issues, but, it's hard to fix issues when you can't get reliable test data anymore.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk to nedriv

Premium Member

to nedriv
It looks like they have the Mods working Saturday and Sunday now.

That is one way to keep those pesky customers from saying anything negative.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg to C0RR0SIVE88

to C0RR0SIVE88
said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

I have kind of given up trying to help, especially when they keep saying it is consumer end issues

Yup, their moderators are clearly steeped in the propaganda that nothing is ever Hughes fault. As with their outsourced tech support, I'd be astounded to see proof that any of them has ever actually used the product.

As it is here, my purpose there was to help fellow customers. To my dismay, that help was typically deleted - if it in any way cast Hughes in a negative light. Of course not everything is due to some issue at the customer end. But you wouldn't know that by reading much of what survives there.

//greg//
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

1 edit

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

The only thing that survives there is praise or please supply a case # & speed tests.
silbaco
Premium Member
USA

silbaco to nedriv

Premium Member

to nedriv
If you look at the changelog, Snow is doing the vast majority of the deleting.

Her most recent reasons for removal: " I have taken the liberty of removing your post. Snow"

What kind of a BS answer is that? That answer is more inappropriate than the posts that were removed.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

It is interesting to compare the response you get in a email to the changelog. In no way do many of them come close to the edge of the forum guidelines but still go "poof"

From the length of the changelog it is clear that more time and effort is spent on censorship than problem resolution.

One poor guy over there has a billing issue, been ongoing for 37 days and no closer to a answer.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Yes, but he will get a call back in 2 - 3 bussiness days.

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Yes kind of, the CSR that called him had no clue as to his problem or how to solve it.

He did however get a new case number to add to his collection.

theGhostPony
join:2009-07-31
Lexington, KY

1 edit

theGhostPony to nedriv

to nedriv
said by C0RR0SIVE88 :

I have kind of given up trying to help, especially when they keep saying it is consumer end issues
It's sad to see so many good folks given the shaft by HughesNet. I think my tag line says it all when it concerns the good folks at HN.

--
HughesNet: We promise nothing. We guarantee nothing. We stand by nothing.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to gwalk

to gwalk
»community.myhughesnet.co ··· lnx06x0f

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· ax_users

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· tigation

Yeah it sure looks like progress is finaly coming along, hm maybe i was wrong? haha
I don't "ever" remember sara posting anything like this: »community.myhughesnet.co ··· il_alert
I understand its nearly christmas but hughes posting something like this? it ain't like them.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

And this helps with the speed issues how?
Spam is an everyday thing, they should worry more about the issues they are having with the Gen4 plans and the speeds!

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

I found this one kind of funny... They are going back to the beginning and deleting/closing old threads...

»community.myhughesnet.co ··· _1346172
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Why not, nothing else gets done to fix problems so remove them.
janedeaux
join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS

janedeaux to sharkyyoung

to sharkyyoung
I asked on the community forum if anyone could tell me what beam I'm on. Snow requested a case #. What a crock!

gwalk
Premium Member
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Why is that NOT a surprise !
It looks like they have hired a new deleter, Suz or something like that.

The changelog is larger than the posts.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by gwalk:

The changelog is larger than the posts.

silbaco
Premium Member
USA

silbaco to nedriv

Premium Member

to nedriv
Snow apparently was not told how to properly deal with customers. Silencing them is always the worst way to handle customers, even if they are unruly which I have seen very few of on the community forum.

Bit of a shame really. The community forum has a lot of potential, being public.
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

Its funny how on the community forum it use to be send us your information and they provided a link, and now its WHATS YOUR CASE#!
smokey92070
join:2012-12-19
Santa Ysabel, CA

smokey92070

I submit a valid case number and still get very little action. The camel's back is just about at the breaking point.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88 to sharkyyoung

Anon

to sharkyyoung
Honestly, straight up asking for a case number is the quickest and easiest way for the to access the users account information... Otherwise they have to depend upon emails that never make it anywhere and so on...

But, if you don't have one, sometimes they will ask you to email the account info and such... Though, that is very rare now in days.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to nedriv

to nedriv
So if its just "give me your case number, give me your case number" for everyone and no action is being taken then why keep the community webpage up? Why continue to ban and delete negative posts when instead you can take down the website and just forget it? Why continue to go through so much frustration and headackes?
marsh_0x
join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI

marsh_0x to C0RR0SIVE88

to C0RR0SIVE88
Ditto, agree with using case numbers seems logical so not DSS numbers don't flirt around for me to play with haha.

Have you noticed the new plants to brag about Gen4 ?
And the rising new stars, or Champs, the stars are a rising.

I didn't make round 1 for Jupiter testing, thank goodness but I know much more tho the Non-Disclosure Agreement is touchy.
Hi C0RR0SIVE88 dam hard for me to bite the tongue...