All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

dlarkin_dc
join:2009-08-24
Alexandria, VA

dlarkin_dc

Re: [VA] E-mail POP access down?

Yep. 24hrs and counting... I read a post saying Sunday!

One thing that bugs me is that we're given no information. Saying 6am and then needing double the time to resolve the problem looks very bad. It looks like they can't even estimate a fix to a system failure that should have never been an issue. It looks like gross incompotence.

All that that makes for grumbly customers. If we'd some information we could be more understanding. Unless that would make it look worse than a grossly incompotent scenario.

Oh well. I'm sure a few of us are getting closer to moving to FiOS over this.

At a minimum, I want (a) a good explaination about why the e-mail has been hinky for a week then down for over 24hrs, and (b) assurance that my e-mail has been secure.

johnburns
join:2004-10-14
Oklahoma City, OK

johnburns

You are so correct - I am concerned about security of my email account and would appreciate some sort of response to let me know if security has been compromised - and what needs to be done by the customer to overcome it. More information would help relieve the concern of Cox customers so much.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

the email server went down and needs to be replaced

dlarkin_dc
join:2009-08-24
Alexandria, VA

1 edit

dlarkin_dc

ajwees41,

Thanks for posting the server issue. 26hrs to replace a server seems crazy to me. I couldn't let my customers be out of service for that long over such a fundamental.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

Maybe they are checking to see if the server was also the cause of the outage the other day.