Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS
reply to Gem

Re: [Extension] HTTPS Everywhere 3.0 final released

quote:
Many sites on the web offer some limited support for encryption over HTTPS, but make it difficult to use. For instance, they may default to unencrypted HTTP, or fill encrypted pages with links that go back to the unencrypted site. The HTTPS Everywhere extension fixes these problems by using a clever technology to rewrite requests to these sites to HTTPS.

HTTPS Everywhere can protect you only when you're using sites that support HTTPS and for which HTTPS Everywhere include a ruleset. If sites you use don't support HTTPS, ask the site operators to add it; only the site operator is able to enable HTTPS. There is more information and instruction on how server operators can do that in the EFF article How to Deploy HTTPS Correctly.
»www.eff.org/https-everywhere

Gem
Premium
join:2005-09-10
kudos:4
Reviews:
·CableOne
Got that, but why would this be the only DSLR page that I see is encrypted when using the extension?

All the other DSLR sub-forums I've visited since adding the extension still show the pages to be unencrypted. Like the ForSale, Microsoft, and main Software forums. All of those appear here to remain unencrypted.

MrFixit1

join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI
Seems like it works differently for different people ?
For me , everything shows as secure , except for the front page of each forum . Topics show as secure , but not the front page .
Wonder if it has anything to do with using secure log in rather than regular ?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1
Https: on dslreports is not a supported functoin, so this extension does the best it can.
--
* seek help if having trouble coping
--Standard disclaimers apply.--