spc
Search similar:

uniqs
larbiff
join:2012-12-15

larbiff

[Windows] bypass QOS limitation

Hello,

Recently my network administrator has applied a rate limiting (using QOS) for all people who connect to proxy residence.
With this limitation I have a very low rate and I wanted to know if it is possible to bypass this limitation.
For information I have to go through the proxy for internet and I have a VPN if needed (even with the VPN the flow rate is very low).

Thank you for your help.
(sorry for my english )
jimbopalmer
Tsar of all the Rushers
join:2008-06-02
Greenwood, MS

2 recommendations

jimbopalmer

It is not clear if this is a business and you are asking how to be unemployed, or a residence and you are asking how to be homeless.

Do not try to bypass your network administrator.
larbiff

larbiff

Hello,

I think you have misunderstood me .
I live in an apartment where the internet connection is shared by several people.
Internet access is via a proxy (to block some websites), but for that I use a vpn then no problem.
Except that the administrator has set up a rate limiting QoS through internet and I can not seem to get over 3mb (I normally have 30mb), so I try to find a solution to avoid this limitation.
I was advised to use UDP to connect my vpn (OpenVPN), but I can not since UDP is not compatible with proxies.

That is why I need a little help, thank you.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob

The setting is set on the router or firewall so you cannot circumvent it legally or otherwise.

Dave

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to larbiff

Premium Member

to larbiff
Yep, you cannot do anything on your end.

You can ask your landlord for a larger slice of bandwidth (I would offer some additional money every month for that) or find out if you can have your own broadband installed at your apartment that you pay for, so you don't have to share it.
larbiff

larbiff

thank you all for your information
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to larbiff

MVM

to larbiff
said by larbiff:

I live in an apartment where the internet connection is shared by several people.

Do you own or pay for the internet in any way / shape / form?

As others have said, without knowing exactly HOW they are QOS'ing the bandwidth, it's going
to be a game of blindfold darts to figure this out. It could be based on IP / MAC address, it could
be based on type of traffic / protocol. The long and short of it is once the packet has left your PC's
NIC, it's out of your hands.

That being said, buying your own internet line into your own suite is the easiest way to fix this problem.

Regards