uniqs
share rss forum feed

Clipper

join:2002-05-23
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to shaner

Re: R.A. Dickey may be close to being a Blue Jay

said by shaner:

And has JoeyBats really recovered from that wrist injury.

As good as the lineup is, it's only as good as Bautista makes it.

Edwin was pretty good in Jose's absence last year. It'll be a pretty scary lineup now... Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, Edwin, Lind, Rasmus, Lawrie, Arencibia, Izturis.

Bonaficio will be a pretty good super utility man. I can't wait for April to get here.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
As much as we always say "I'm excited for the beginning of next season", this is absolutely the best team on paper arguably since the 93 series winner.

I'm glad that the ownership finally decided to fork out some decent money.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to shaner

R.A. Dickey is a Blue Jay

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Yeah its final. Bodog has the Jays fav to win the World Series, lol... A little premature perhaps, but i'd like to see what the vegas boys say.
--
F**K THE NHL. Go Blue Jays 2013!!!

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
oh brother...as much as i'd love to see another world series win for the Jays, it's far too early to be calling crap like that...for all we know, Dickey has a shit year and $25 million is down the drain (plus we lost 2 top prospects)...i'm not saying it is going to happen, but it's a long season, and it doesn't start for 5 more months...waiving WS flags already is stupid...i've seen the Jays rip up the preseason the last few years, only to shit the bed year after year...they haven't been to the playoffs since their last world series win...let's just try to make the playoffs, before talking about a world series please.
--
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

- George Orwell

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
quote:
let's just try to make the playoffs, before talking about a world series please.
Yeehaa Blue Jays win the World Series.

At least they did 20 yrs ago,so I think it's fate....I still remember Carter's blast........

And with the yanks and bosox in trouble,they should be able to not only compete but beat the Orioles and T.Bay this year.

It's just time to start hoping that these were the right moves and given that they came as a surprise,we now know that Alex won't hesitate to pull the trigger again if they need someone else for the playoffs.
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.