uniqs

Jestocost
The Poodle Bites.
join:2000-10-19
Saint Louis, MO

Jestocost to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: Game Crashes

When I ran OCCT, after the test it said "Core #2 is over maximum value! Value Reached: 87, Max Value: 85". Does that mean anything to you? Also, I have reinstalled the games multiple times.

TRU
join:2005-07-21
Michigan

3 edits

TRU

It means that your CPU isn't being properly cooled. A section of the chip is overheating. You need to remove your CPU heatsink/fan, clean up the TIM that's been applied to it and reapply new TIM. Then reinstall the heatsink/fan to the CPU.

Btw- TIM is the grease you apply over the top of your processor and it sits between the processor and heatsink. This allows for better cohesion between the extremely hot processor and the heatsink to allow for better heat conduction & cooling.

If you want a better explanation, as I'm sure you do, check out this link: »www.bit-tech.net/hardwar ··· ut-tim/1 . It will offer everything you need to understand and what needs to be done.

Some good quality TIM can be found at: »www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm > Arctic Silver 5, I've personally used AS5 and it's been great. I've used it on a number of computers and I still have more left in the tube to spare, just in case & »www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooli ··· und.html

There are plenty of others as well.
TRU

TRU

Do you do ANY overclocking? Specifically, is your CPU overclocked? If so, you might be using too high of an overclock and need to turn settings down a bit.

If you DO NOT have your CPU overclocked, then TIM needs to be reapplied.

Jestocost
The Poodle Bites.
Saint Louis, MO

Jestocost to TRU

to TRU
Ok, thanks. I'll go out and get some AS5 as soon as I can. The place I get parts from supposedly has it. Thanks for the help

TRU
Michigan

TRU

No problem.

It can be a tricky process to do if you don't know what you're doing. So if you can ask someone for help, get help if you feel you need it.

Jestocost
The Poodle Bites.
Saint Louis, MO

Jestocost

Seems to have gone successful, besides the fan taking forever to get out. The box says it can take up to 200 hours to come into effect, so now I'll wait. Thanks again. Also, I don't overclock

TRU
Michigan

TRU

Hey man! Just glad to help.

It is suppose to take awhile for the TIM to set properly and acclimate. ~200 hours.

Since you reapplied the TIM, have you continued to get the error?

And please, if you ever have any other questions just drop us a message! There are plenty of very helpful and knowledgeable people around these parts.