All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

Ref 1: Sucker List
Click for full size
Ref 2: The Sucker
Click for full size
Ref 3: Sucker 2
said by TSI Marc:

said by hm :

ok then, I'll give it a go later this evening. Just a matter of finding an IP/sucker to use and i'll try it on a small "legal" torrent in case someone gets pissed off and causes crap.

That is, if the mod's allow this little educational experience to show. I'll let you talk to them about that.

haha. sure.. the obvious question then though will be... so, did that occur in any of the cases listed by Voltage?

ok, Marc, I did the following.

1. Just went to some recently released and tested proxies (i could have scanned for a Teksavvy IP and proxy if I wanted to, but am cheaping out due to the speed and laziness).

Ref: Picture #1 (highlighted random chosen IP used)

2. I just pumped the IP and sox port into bit torrent

Ref. Pic #2 The sucker who will get the extortion letter.

3. Note: I took a torrent which is apparently free and legal found here:
»www.clearbits.net/movies ··· ownloads

4. I was VERY surprised that this thing came in at 3.5meg. Screen capture is at the end of the DL dropping off to something like 300+ kb/s

Ref: Picture #3 (max sped achieved ~3.5-meg)

So, Marc, I could very easily get a Teksavvy IP if I tried hard enough and if *really* wanted to. So could CANIPRE. heh, So could Voltage for that matter.

Back in the day I used to be into 0day and 0sec proxies. Many were as detailed here: »Re: Voltage-Hurt Locker Lawsuit Round 2 Against Teksavvy Users

Many people would sell specific IP's and they still do. Want a whole range of 2000+ Teksavvy IP's? Sure, 200$.

We used to take over warez chanz like this

I would spoof the IP off by a single lousy digit of the bot masters or chan owners, whose bots would auto-op them. Used to have a lot of fun.

Took me a whole 20-minutes to do the above because I'm rusty and no longer have scanners installed etc. Set-up... hmm... for a specific IP or off by a single digit... 5 minutes to an hour depending what country or IP range since some were harder than others.

I'm 100% convinced this is how "pierre poutin" did it. But when I explained this it this topic, »Trail of Pierre Poutine leads to open Wi-Fi connection, kids today don't want to listen. They are into TV stuff like war-driving and don't want to listen to old farts.

So anyone wanting a proxy, that IP is *NICE* or it was when I used it in this test.

I could also use this method as web proxies to bypass DSLr's "hold back" on anon comments and have a comment post right away w/o the mods first approving it. Way-back-when I would be doing this... but today... you get old and lazy and don't care anymore. Besides the mod's need something to do.

So Marc, can be done. Easy-peasy. And can all be done via a teksavvy IP and mine never showing, ever. Except if the rooted machine has logging and that's if I didn't chain 2 proxies or more together, which we would do often so even your logs would never show my IP connecting to your teksavvy IP to instruct it to DL off the torrent network for me.

Yes, sbrook, it works very well. No problems with a properly setup proxy.

I think today, if you know nothing and if you wanted one single teksavvy IP I could likely get one fast for about 5$. Or I would take the time and do it myself.

My apologies to the sucker I used to demonstrate this.
Rastan
join:2007-04-25
Canada

Rastan

Good stuff, hm. Thanks for demonstrating how this can be done.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Rastan:

Good indeed. Now if only people just could supeona him as an expert witness it would put enough doubt in the court's mind as to tip the balance of probablities.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm to Rastan

Anon

to Rastan
said by Rastan:

It isn't brainiac stuff... anyone can do this following the example above. Matter of fact people who are now scared and never heard of sox will likely follow this example and someone in the states or some other country will now get an extortion letter instead of them.

All these mass lawsuits today... when I was into it that didn't exist. And if they existed back then i'd be responsible for thousands of people getting extortion letters. And I'm just one person. Now imagine the thousands of people who are doing this.

But when you get into writing your own TCL for the bots to scan, jump ip's, jump ranges, chaining bots and IP's etc, and your own scripts, then that is when the learning really starts and where you discover everything you can do with a single command with a 10000 IP's like this.

But this is usually the stuff that gets deleted... I'm sure Marc knows all this very well, he's a smart guy... he was just egging me on to show others that their IP could indeed be used and no one is safe.

I fell for it. *shrug*

But it's a lesson people should be aware of.

What I'm wondering now is this...

Thinking back to when I used to do this I would always be behind a spoofed IP when using someone else IP for nefarious deeds (chained proxies). However I was lazy at times and I wouldn't jump IP's in the chain... So it makes me wonder what exactly his logs show on his end.

If someone did spoof TSI IP's, could they have been lazy like I was and keep the same IP while using tsi IP's? In other words, is it possible that Marc could find a common denominator IP (say from China for example) connecting to his TSI IP's around the same time stamp from CANIPRE's time stamps? If so than... wow... That would be a mind blower discovery.
Expand your moderator at work
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy to hm

to hm

Re: Why we are not opposing motion on Monday.

I would laugh my ass off if you could get that to work with a Canipre IP

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by JMJimmy:

I would laugh my ass off if you could get that to work with a Canipre IP

Let me know if they have a range.
tired
join:2010-12-12

1 recommendation

tired

Since they're monitoring enough torrents to pull 1 million + Canadian IPs it's a pretty safe bet that Canipre already have IPs involved in torrents so I'm not sure it would accomplish much.

It's too bad that it would be illegal to spoof the addresses of media outlets, law firms, and various offices and homes of federal and provincial representatives into the most popular torrents... Because that might just prove the point in a way that grabs the right kind of attention. Remember how much publicity the Canadiens getting wrapped up in one of these generated?

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by tired:

It's too bad that it would be illegal to spoof the addresses of media outlets, law firms, and various offices and homes of federal and provincial representatives into the most popular torrents...

Yeah. Guess I better tell the guys in the Ukraine and Russia to knock it off because it could be against the law here.