BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland to dlarkin_dc

Premium Member

to dlarkin_dc

Re: [VA] E-mail POP access down?

What I'm concerned about most is what is happening to e-mail that has been sent to me during this outage? Did it bounce? Did it go into oblivion? I don't use this address for business critical stuff but I would be upset to find out people have sent me stuff that never arrived.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

said by BillRoland:

What I'm concerned about most is what is happening to e-mail that has been sent to me during this outage? Did it bounce? Did it go into oblivion? I don't use this address for business critical stuff but I would be upset to find out people have sent me stuff that never arrived.

. It's being said that incoming mail is fine and will be available when the server comes back online.
chuckkk
join:2001-11-10
Warner Robins, GA

chuckkk

It looks to me like cox decided to mess with the pop servers vs webmail servers. MS had the same sort of problem some years ago, and it was several days before things got sorted out.
betterdan
join:2002-03-20
Portsmouth, VA

betterdan

They just posted another update...

"Restoration continues and we are actively exploring multiple approaches to restore email services. All available resources are engaged across multiple teams.These teams will continue working around the clock until your email is restored. Based on our investigation, event logs, and other data available to us, we have no indication that this incident is the result of a security breach that would put customer information at risk. We will provide additional updates by 9 am ET. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you."

dlarkin_dc
join:2009-08-24
Alexandria, VA

dlarkin_dc to BillRoland

to BillRoland
During the week up to this. I know of two e-mails that were sent that I never received. There may have been one other but I can't confirm it.

So I have 98% faith that all our mail is hunky dory.
KennerLAN
join:2005-03-17
Kenner, LA

KennerLAN to betterdan

to betterdan
said by betterdan:

...We will provide additional updates by 9 am ET.

And here it is past 9 am ET and same message with no update. Anybody surprised?