Search similar:

uniqs

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

New Modem and Trouble Already..

Just replaced a rental with a DPC3008 from Amazon and they are already claiming that it's theirs lol.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Where did you get the DPC3008?

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by graysonf:

Where did you get the DPC3008?

Directly from Amazon.

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
When you say directly from Amazon do you mean "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" or "Sold by XXX and fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Ships from and sold by XXX?"

beerbum
Premium Member
join:2000-05-06
behind you..

beerbum to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
Was Amazon the actual seller or was it someone selling through Amazon?

Not everything sold on Amazon is actually sold by Amazon.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

Just replaced a rental with a DPC3008 from Amazon and they are already claiming that it's theirs lol.

Did you buy it from Amazon using the »mynewmodem.comcast.net/ referral site?

Comcast may have the serial numbers and MAC addresses of modems sold through their Amazon store front already in their inventory.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
There is a lot of that model thats listed as used on amazon. That would be a red flag to me.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall to Tobin

Premium Member

to Tobin
said by Tobin:

When you say directly from Amazon do you mean "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" or "Sold by XXX and fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Ships from and sold by XXX?"

Ships and sold by Amazon. I also didn't buy it from the referral site, I bought it from the direct site.

They told me they would "Investigate" and come back to me in 24-72 hours. Worst case is that they don't come back to me or still claim it's theirs lol. We'll just go to the Comcast building and bring the physical box and receipt :P.
Darknessfall

Darknessfall to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
said by rody_44:

There is a lot of that model thats listed as used on amazon. That would be a red flag to me.

You're probably looking at the wrong one. It seems to only sell from 5 used sellers and it had firmware problems before so a lot of people returned .

Devious
Premium Member
join:2002-08-22
Seattle, WA

Devious to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

We'll just go to the Comcast building and bring the physical box and receipt :P.

Then why did you even start the thread if it is so easy a solution?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by Devious:

said by Darknessfall:

We'll just go to the Comcast building and bring the physical box and receipt :P.

Then why did you even start the thread if it is so easy a solution?

You know... you maybe show that Comcast is stupid and that they have no idea what they're doing.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to NetFixer

to NetFixer
whoever setup this page was confused »astore.amazon.com/myde0b ··· 04XC6GJ0 60GB hard drive? 2TB of DDR3 RAM memory? I'm pretty familiar with my 6121 and have yet to find either of those features.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Mike Wolf:

whoever setup this page was confused »astore.amazon.com/myde0b ··· 04XC6GJ0 60GB hard drive? 2TB of DDR3 RAM memory? I'm pretty familiar with my 6121 and have yet to find either of those features.

I think this may be a new version of the SB6121, which incorporates a "DIR" (Digital Internet Recorder), so that you can record the internet now, while you're busy or not at home, and then surf it at your leasure sometime later on.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by telcodad:

said by Mike Wolf:

I think this may be a new version of the SB6121, which incorporates a "DIR" (Digital Internet Recorder), so that you can record the internet now, while you're busy or not at home, and then surf it at your leasure sometime later on.

:)

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
Are they gonna include a remote with this model or will that be an extra cost option?
29393955 (banned)
Always the green wire
join:2011-09-11
Mount Juliet, TN

29393955 (banned)

ALL optional features are available ONLY from the local Cableco as extra-cost RENTALS:
Remote - $2 / mo.
WAN interface - $.75 / mo.
LAN interface - $1 / mo.
Usable MAC address - $2 / mo.

and of course, the 'Intellectual Property Fee' - $3.95 / mo.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

said by rody_44:

You're probably looking at the wrong one. It seems to only sell from 5 used sellers and it had firmware problems before so a lot of people returned .

And those returned units were shrink wrapped again and put back on the warehouse shelf for resale as a "new" unit.
NetFixer

NetFixer to Mike Wolf

Premium Member

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

And Amazon's "new" and "used" labeling is just as accurate.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to THZNDUP

to THZNDUP
said by THZNDUP:

Are they gonna include a remote with this model or will that be an extra cost option?

Knowing Comcast, probably charge extra for the remote plus an added "convenience fee", "additional outlet fee" and "HD technology fee" ie Hard Drive technology.