how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dmpye

join:2012-12-15
Odum, GA

windstream dsl

I am paying windstream for 6 mbps and they can not supply this. been paying for the upgrade for close to a year. i don't even get 1 mgps. they are telling me we are in an outage and do not know when it wiil be repaired. i have small business and can't even print an address label for about a month. If I go to their website and put in my zipcode they say it is available in my area and I can purchase it. lol I am at my wits end with this,

hillrj2

join:2012-12-11
Landrum, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
Yeah. I get the same thing. Every time I call about slow speeds, the tell me it's because I need to upgrade to 6 megs. I've subscribed to it 4 different times, I can't get it. And then it's a living hell trying to get the bill fixed. They really are idiots.

Sammy_D

@windstream.net
Whatever they say there speed is- take that as half or less- they are lier's
The RV park I live in has a supposedly 12 meg line - but even if no one is on it you will be lucky to get 3.
Windstream needs to be replaced by a company that will provide what they say they will give you.
But until there's a new player in town they will continue to screw everyone.

hillrj2

Landrum, SC
I agree. I think the only reason they are around is because they are good at monopolizing areas.

I used to work for Windstream . Customer services in particular. Our training and guidance was to up sell every caller. Our jobs depended on it. No matter why you called in I had to craft my interpretation of your problem to present a sales opportunity. Oh its slow? Subscribe to a higher speed. If you were not receptive to that solution or another product its likely that your call was sent to the limbo of waiting for the next department to try and sell you something else. Basically if your not buying you gotta get off my phone so I can pitch the next customer. I know you have problems but I have to keep my job. Sad but true.

hillrj2

Landrum, SC
Reviews:
·Windstream
I only get a 3mbps service. They always tell me that my latency is because I don't have 6mbps, which I know is total BS because they're different things, but I also know that 3mbps is total crap, so I've subscribed to it 4 different times when they sell it to me, and I can't get it. They say I'm too far away from the DSLAM. But they are too lazy to change it in the computer, so every single time I call, it's the same stuff. I'm told it's slow, I can get 6mbps, I subscribe, I don't get it, I tell them I can't get it, they still charge me anyways, I have to argue about my bill, slow service, call, told it's slow, I can get 6mbps...etc, etc.
Daily Internet disconnects »