how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

brodie

@shawcable.net
reply to BB250

Re: [BC] Nelson shaw customers overpaying for something they can

Nope, i was getting a discounted rate but they took that off the account several months ago.

Internet is useless, basic web pages take minutes to load at peak times.

If telus was available here i would have been gone years ago, this completely unacceptable...

My telus at the other house gets OVER what i pay for no matter what time of day.

urbancabin

join:2013-01-17
Nelson, BC

I have been dealing with slow internet speeds from Shaw as well.
I've had them come out and check everything from the pole in...the technicians tell me its all good, and that there is a major over saturation problem in the area.
Here is the real problem though: Shaw knows all about this, all the way up the chain, to senior management.(I've spoken to a number of managers) They know they cannot deliver anywhere close to 25 MBPS - BUT they are happy to keep charging consumers as if they are getting those speeds, they are also apparently happy to sign up new customers to high speed packages, hence the saturation problem.
I use Shaw Speedtest at various times during the day, wired (not wireless) and see speeds that would probably average between 1-5 mbps.(I'm PAYING for 25 MBPS) Evenings and weekends are hopeless. Using AppleTV to download a movie? Hopeless.

I really feel ripped off. I'd love to hear from others in the area that are aware of this....please email me directly : urbancabin(at) gmail.com . I have some interesting info to share.

Mister M

join:2010-05-01
Vancouver, BC

said by urbancabin:

...I use Shaw Speedtest at various times during the day, wired (not wireless) and see speeds that would probably average between 1-5 mbps.(I'm PAYING for 25 MBPS)

Who's the fool?