spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jvfricke

join:2012-12-06

[NV] Packet loss issue, have replaced/reinstalled everything.

So, I'm in Vegas in a highrise and have gotten really bad packet loss for the past month or so. I have had techs out here once or twice to replace everything including modem and all the connecting cables, but the packet loss to every site remains. I've tried connecting through a router, straight to the modem, whatever, all to no avail.

Symptoms are very similar to what was posted in this thread.

»[NV] packet loss and high tcp delay

It randomly gets slightly better but never goes completely away. When gaming it makes the game infuriating because there will be split seconds of massive lag. Help.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5

Re: [NV] Packet loss issue, have replaced/reinstalled everything

Have you done a follow-up with CoxVegas See Profile? Whatever you sent him did not show any issues.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

jvfricke

He advised to start a new thread. I'm honestly out of ideas. I can't see how it's something on my end. Just hoping someone has an idea.

CoxVegas

join:2011-07-25
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:10

Well, the page you sent me didn't highlight any problems. If you PM your cable modem MAC, I'll take a look at your modem from our side and see what we can see.

jvfricke

Bump, sent you the MAC, any ideas?

CoxVegas

Las Vegas, NV

Got the MAC, took a look, seems we have a bit of trouble out there with the node (3 upstream channels out of 4 showing very high error rates). I've kicked it over to our field guys to take a look - I'm not sure what their holiday schedule is like, though. I'll let you know when I hear back.

CoxVegas

Las Vegas, NV
reply to jvfricke

jvfricke, our field folks have repaired the problem out on your node, and the high error rates are gone. Check things out again and let me know.

jvfricke

I'm a little mad it was so simple! Thank you.

CoxVegas

Las Vegas, NV

Heh, I'll take that as a "it works now". You're welcome.

Iceman0803

join:2012-05-18
Glendale, AZ
reply to jvfricke

I had a VERY similar issue in back in June. However, it was because Cox had moved a ped from in front of my house to down the street and never bypassed/removed the cabling from the old location (plus it was exposed to the elements). So, any time someone drove over or even stepped on the old ped location I would get symptoms VERY similar to yours. After MONTHS of calls and tech visits the issue was finally discovered and fixed.

EDIT: Didn't notice the issue had been resolved. Sorry for the needless reply.