spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slajoh01

join:2005-04-23

[FireFox] Firefox Homepage settings?

In Internet Explorer, I use the registry file to import this following homepage onto my broswer automatically without typing it in all the time.
»www.google.com/webhp?complete=0&hl=en

Can I do this with FF?

So if I reinstall Firefox again, how can I import that Homepage without typing or pasting it in all the time on the hompage field box under the General settings tab. Please explain on how to do this with printscreens if possible.

Thanks

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
Reinstalling firefox doesn't automatically delete the profiles which store this information. Just use the 'use current page' button, type, or paste it in. It's not that hard, really. Your homepage shouldn't be changing all the time.

I find it's better to have no real homepage anyway, and if I want to search I'll just make a new tab, then type it into the address bar.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to slajoh01
I just copied and pasted the same google search page link into the box for "homepage" under the general tab. Not sure why that is not what you want. What do you mean by "....without typing or pasting it in all the time....". How often do you change it?

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 recommendation

reply to slajoh01
If you like to keep things simple, here’s how to set your home page in three easy steps.

• Open the web site you want to set as your home page. If you want a blank home page, open a new tab.
• Click the icon to the left of the web address, drag it to the Home button, and release.
• Click "Yes" to set this as your home page.

»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How···e%20page

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to slajoh01
I agree with chachazz %100.