Dr.Web CureIt! 8.0 released - December 13, 2012
Doctor Web is pleased to unveil the eighth version of its Dr.Web CureIt!, a utility designed to scan and cure computer viruses even when other anti-virus products are in use. The new version provides faster and yet deeper scanning.
• Dr.Web CureIt! 8.0 takes advantage of multi-thread scanning when tasks are divided between CPU cores and boasts significantly increased scanning speed. This feature has already been implemented in Dr.Web products 7.0 and 8.0 for Windows. It also includes a new anti-rootkit which is already available in Dr.Web Security Space and Dr.Web 7.0 and 8.0 for Windows.
• In addition, in the custom scan mode users can choose to scan the memory, boot sectors, autorun objects and other objects separately.
• Also added was the option to block access to the network during scanning, which helps prevent re-infection and malicious activities while the system is being checked for viruses. Another option enables users to make Dr.Web CureIt! turn off the computer upon completion of scanning.
• The stability has also improved significantly. Now it is virtually impossible for the utility to cause a system failure and bring up a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).
• The application is also able to scan PCs for BIOS kits.
What's new in version 8
• A new scanning subsystem that can scan computer disks in a multithreaded mode to fully benefit from multi-core processors.
• Significant increase in the scanning speed.
• Greatly enhanced stability of the program virtually eliminates the possibility of BSOD ("blue screen of death") during the scanning.
• Completely redesigned user interface.
• Rootkit search subsystem.
• Advanced custom scan features that allow to scan a computer memory, boot sectors, startup objects, etc.
• An option to block a network connection during the scanning.
• An option to shut down an operating system as soon as the scanning is complete.
• Scanning a PC BIOS for "bioskits" malicious programs infecting a PC BIOS.
• Native quarantine manager.
• Block low-level file operations.
• Supported Windows 8
Does not require installation and is compatible with all known anti-virus software.
You do not need to disable your anti-virus software to run CureIt!
Free for home pcs: