how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

activoice

join:2008-02-10
York, ON

SMTP relay?

Trying to help out a friend who has Rogers.

He's got a commercial program that has the outgoing port hardcoded to 25 (yeah not good) from my understanding Rogers will only accept port 25 traffic to their own SMTP server. My friend also needs the emails to be sent out using his Domain email address and not a Rogers one for replys.

First I guess we need the name of Rogers SMTP server.

Second I think we need to Register the reply email address he wants to use somewhere with Rogers.

Is this possible, and how??

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1

It's smtp.broadband.rogers.com (or at least was -- I haven't used it in years so maybe it has changed).

And IIRC, if you send with a FROM address that has not been authorized yet, then it'll tell you what to do in the error message (gives you a URL)

activoice

join:2008-02-10
York, ON

said by Ree:

It's smtp.broadband.rogers.com (or at least was -- I haven't used it in years so maybe it has changed).

And IIRC, if you send with a FROM address that has not been authorized yet, then it'll tell you what to do in the error message (gives you a URL)

He tried that and says that he registered the email address and that it still didn't work....

thanks..

bG guy

@bellmobilite.ca

if hes got his own domain email, then he must have his own smtp server affiliated with his domain, why isnt he using that?

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by bG guy :

if hes got his own domain email, then he must have his own smtp server affiliated with his domain, why isnt he using that?

"He's got a commercial program that has the outgoing port hardcoded to 25"

This part makes it pretty clear why.