vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to urbanriot

Re: Replaced the Impala

Yeah...there's too many good cars today to really be loyal to any particular brand... The competition is too fierce to have the blinders on when car shopping...

I'd be lying if I didn't say I have a weakness in my heart for GM and Chevy's in particular... One of my earliest recollections is driving to town in my Dad's 1953 Chevrolet Biscayne...

If I had the money I'd love to have a fully restored '53 in my garage. Matter of fact my Corvette and all first generation Corvettes (1953-62) use the same front end (king pins, steering, etc) as the 1949-54 Chevy passenger cars and trucks. In 1955 Chevy switched to ball pin front ends which were not used in Corvettes until the Sting Ray (generation 2 Corvette 1963-67)...

My Dad thinks his next vehicle maybe a Honda CRV. I know a few at work who drive Honda Civics and CRVs. they speak quite well of their reliability...

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
Aside from being an old man's car by default (it IS a Buick!) it is not bad looking. GM has done better in the past half decade. For a while it was like they asked grade 1 students to design their cars.

The CRV is good. I had one of the first generation. My only complaint was it was under powered, but they have fixed that since then. I had no major problems with the CRV for repairs.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
What size engine?

Honda has always had a good reputation when it comes to engines. It seems like when it comes to small engines (lie compressors, electric generators) they are giving Briggs & Stratton some real competition...

The old Buick Grand National and GNX where bad ass performance cars...

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Aside from being an old man's car by default (it IS a Buick!)

Buick is GM's top brand in China or something like that. In contrast with the Europeans, Asians like big boatmobiles that float like a pillow over the roadway.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to vue666
said by vue666:

The old Buick Grand National and GNX where bad ass performance cars...

And they were awesomely sinister looking!

GM should have brought back the Pontiac G8 as a Buick GNX. Keep the 6-speed auto (have a 6-speed manual option) and the tweaked 6.0 V8.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes