how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ep80

join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Twitter] Court Hashtag - for Monday ?

"Voltage is concerned that a delay allows those titles remain available online and that is what their client wishes to stop."

I really have high doubts that the users are still sharing the alleged files! This is nonsense.

UK_Dave

join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON
kudos:2

#teksavvy asking for delay to jan due to large number of affected customers not receiving notice (Thanks, Teresa)

UK_Dave

Powassan, ON

It appears (there are) no further submissions and there is a feeling a decision will come very shortly

Here we go folks.... hang on.

UK_Dave

Powassan, ON

CIPPIC was not given chance to speak but their letter is being read by judge

UK_Dave

Powassan, ON

Appears we are about to go back into session

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to UK_Dave

42 subscribers reported in error. 92 not reported in error to be sent soon. Those infusion emails? They've been using them to track how many people have received their notices. Which is less than 10% of affected subs.

Judge refused to hear cippic, as they didn't move to intervene, but just write a letter. Judge will read letter again before decision to delay to jan.

Judge making decision now, hense able to tweet.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

DocS

@gc.ca
reply to ep80

It goes to show how they want the court to remain ignorant about the nature of Bittorrenting.

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to resa1983

Oh yeah.. Main thing.. Teksavvy opposing motion til they can inform more subscribers.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

JMJimmy

join:2008-07-23
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

42 subscribers reported in error. 92 not reported in error to be sent soon. Those infusion emails? They've been using them to track how many people have received their notices. Which is less than 10% of affected subs.

Judge refused to hear cippic, as they didn't move to intervene, but just write a letter. Judge will read letter again before decision to delay to jan.

CIPPIC didn't move to intervene!?! In the letter they state their intention to do just that... !#$@#%&$&

Gimli
Premium
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

said by JMJimmy:

said by resa1983:

CIPPIC didn't move to intervene!?! In the letter they state their intention to do just that... !#$@#%&$&

So Teksavvy is sitting there making sure they dont get in crap for not complying and CIPPIC is like baby in the corner....

lovely

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
reply to TwiztedZero

Judge adjourns to January 14th.

UK_Dave

Powassan, ON

Adjourned till Jan 14th....

No other findings on matters of substance.

tezster

join:2007-10-17
Mississauga, ON
reply to Gimli

People sure like to jump to the worse possible conclusions here - CIPPIC weren't given a chance to speak; what are they supposed to do?

JMJimmy

reply to xsbell

said by xsbell:

Judge adjourns to January 7th.

Next sitting is the 14th.

UK_Dave

Powassan, ON
reply to UK_Dave

Big thanks to Paul Andersen, and Teresa for sterling work getting tweets out in the circumstances....

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
reply to JMJimmy

Thanks!

Torabo

join:2009-09-01
reply to JMJimmy

said by JMJimmy:

said by resa1983:

They didn't move to intervene because they didn't have enough time to do so (as mentioned in the letter) so with it pushed back to jan 14th that should allow them time to do so... at least that's how I read/see it

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to UK_Dave

said by UK_Dave:

Big thanks to Paul Andersen, and Teresa for sterling work getting tweets out in the circumstances....

+1
--
IF TREE = FALL AND PEOPLE = ZERO THEN SOUND = 0
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

JMJimmy

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to tezster

said by tezster:

People sure like to jump to the worse possible conclusions here - CIPPIC weren't given a chance to speak; what are they supposed to do?

Unless resa is wrong, they didn't get a chance to speak because they didn't file to intervene. They filed a letter which merely claims their intent to intervene.
Expand your moderator at work

skd5

join:2012-12-12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: [Twitter] Court Hashtag - for Monday ?

said by TwiztedZero:

said by UK_Dave:

+1

+2 thanks!

skd5

reply to TwiztedZero

thanks for the efforts!

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

reply to Gimli

said by Gimli:

So Teksavvy is sitting there making sure they dont get in crap for not complying and CIPPIC is like baby in the corner....

lovely

Actually, considering they're technically not opposing the motion, Teksavvy pushed pretty hard for the adjournment and got it. This gives CIPPIC breathing space to actually file a proper motion to intervene. It may not have been coordinated but it works out quite well if CIPPIC gets that motion granted. More time for notification and a chance to put together a real, privacy-based legal opposition to Voltage.

swampboy

join:2012-01-24
Hamilton, ON
reply to JMJimmy

Link to CIPPIC submission:

»www.cippic.ca/sites/default/file···2012.pdf

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TwiztedZero

Oh ye of little faith. And THAT's why I applaud Teksavvy! Way to go boys!

Thanks to the tweeters from me as well.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

UK_Dave

Powassan, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to JMJimmy

---------------------

Read their submission before you blow a valve or something....

"We also intend to apply to intervene in the hearing of the motion, but cannot do so in the
short time that has elapsed between the filing of the motion on December 11 and the
proposed hearing date, six days later."

The wording suggests to me, that they INTEND TO APPLY to intervene. And with this delay (well played on the email, Marc), they will.

skd5

Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TwiztedZero

I believe either CIPPIC or TSI should setup a voting and ask whoever wants to join the group and have more hands on the opposing side.

Instead of just opposing as an organization wont it be better to have affected subscribers and everyone who is concerned about privacy on their side?

swampboy

join:2012-01-24
Hamilton, ON
reply to swampboy

Thanks to all for their efforts. Teksavvy especially for getting the adjournment. Time for everyone to organize and get behind CIPPIC and others. We can make history here if we can get a precedent against these trolls. This is an IMPORTANT battle to win - notify everyone you know of the danger they can face, even if they are innocent.

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS

said by swampboy:

notify everyone you know of the danger they can face, even if they are innocent.

I would use the word "especially" here, as they _are_ victims.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TwiztedZero

going forward I suggest any talk of strategy should be minimized on this public forum and I think you shouldn't expect TSI to say much either. The bad guys are watching everything.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.