how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sassy

@rogers.com

[Ultra/Lite] Closing Rogers account and moving to Teksavvy

Hi there,

I am looking to transfer my rogers hi speed Internet service to teksavvy.
I understand that there's a 30 day notice before closing a rogers account. Is this absolutely true?

I've read in a few places that you can just bring in the rented modem to a rogers store and they will close the account completely, without the 30 days. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Also, what does it mean when rogers "closes" the account? Does it mean I won't get billed for the extra 30 days after my notice?

Any comments regarding this would be really appreciated!

Thank you!

osijek1289

join:2012-11-11
Mississauga, ON

My neighbor walked into a Rogers store to cancel and hand in his cable box, and the 30-day notice clause was unavoidable for him. I too recently transferred from Express to a business internet service (ie., remaining a Robbers customer) and they too completely enforced the 30-day cancellation notice, although, somehow Robbers math gave me 5-day ~$5 credit. In brief, they are unbudgeable to this form of revenue procurement.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to Sassy

Suggest posting in the Teksavvy forum. They'll take care of you there..............

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Sassy

If you have other RESIDENTIAL services with rogers that you are retaining, you can take your modem to a store and cancel right away without being charged for 30 days.