Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jhejr2

join:2010-10-10
Verona, MS

1 recommendation

Harrible tragedy in Newtown

Let me first say: I wish i could turn back the hands of time,and that day never was.

Evil has always been part of human kind. (Bad people do bad things) Some humans have problems of different kinds. When we talk about control of this or that. Why is it the Gun or SUV or any other machine at fault, if humans are hurt or killed.

Yes I am a gun owner, do I defend all gun owners actions no. Evil people do evil things. I just think that good and evil people should part of any discussion. The gun is a tool for good or evil, it can not harm or help without the owner.

I am also a parent and grandparent. Like myself, my children and grand's know a weapon of any kind, can do harm or good. If you hit your thumb, is it the hammers fault?

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
People do things we don't like so we call them bad. I don't believe anyone or anything is inherently 'evil' (whatever that really means) it is just a convenient excuse for something we don't understand. There was a woman in a store yesterday going on about how 'God needed these angels for some purpose and it is wrong for us to question his will... we just need to trust that God did the right thing and accept that it is beautiful.' I don't agree with that view either but it is just a valid perspective as the 'evil person'.

There is no doubt that this guy was mentally disturbed; you have to be to do something like this. Ultimately, the most productive path forward would be to better understand the psychology behind this and how to prevent it. Unfortunately, that is not the way our medical system works... they would just assume medicate everyone for a profit.

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
"I don't believe anyone or anything is inherently 'evil' (whatever that really means) it is just a convenient excuse for something we don't understand."
I think anyone except LEO showing up armed at an elementary school, college, or shopping mall with a bulletproof vest is proof enough of evil intent.
At that stage he could be armed with a gun, knife, or a bow and arrow, same response required...remove the threat.
Or commit the mentally ill person before this occurs:
»anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/