spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

psustew

@verizon.net

Cost of HD STB?

I'm getting a third HD TV for Christmas. I called Verizon and asked to get a new HD STB and they said it was $20 more. I only expected it to be $12!!! Does this seem right? The guy I talked to wasn't helpful. I already pay Verizon a ton of money, and I think spending $240 /year for another TV is excessive.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

$20 is the cost for the multi-room DVR.
You can get the price and order a STB here,
»www22.verizon.com/FORYOURHOME/GO···quipment

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to psustew

That seems kind of high. I'm in NYC and I pay $7 per HD STB in a triple-play bundle..

psustew

@verizon.net

I think the guy messed up and ordered me a second MR DVR. Going to the Fios store tomorrow to see what's up

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to psustew

its probably $9.99

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

said by Jackarino:

its probably $9.99

No, it's $11.99.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

In my area its $9.99 (the last time I checked) its different for multiple areas and vho's
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

Prices went up $2 a couple months ago. NYC and surrounding areas are only places that have different STB prices -- dunno if Allendale is part of that or not?

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

im going to check it out now

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to kes601

Click for full size

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

Yep, you get NYC pricing

Duckbacker

join:2005-06-16
Nesconset, NY
reply to psustew

You can also get an LG Blu Ray player and get many of the FIOS channels without a STB. (You don't get the local channels). It works like a charm.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

4 edits

said by Duckbacker:

You can also get an LG Blu Ray player and get many of the FIOS channels without a STB. (You don't get the local channels). It works like a charm.

Yes Im thinking about turning in a couple HD boxes and picking up two LG BP620's that run around $99 a piece. The box will pay for itself in just a year based on STB rental prices. Two issues need to be resolved first, the first being additional sports channels (just 1 atm) and the second are local channels. On two of my HDTV's I could use the qam256 tuners for the locals but then I have the difficult task of teaching the wife how to switch between tuner and LG Bluray. Life is never easy..

manuetdeo

join:2012-01-04
Sun City, CA
reply to psustew

i pay 11.99 a hd box here in VHO3

if you have a newer tv here the locals are free and with a xbox or samsung tv you can now get 75 of the popular(at least in my house) channels with your live sub. pretty cool if your gaming already