uniqs

David0417
Premium Member
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

David0417

Premium Member

Port U-Verse Home Phone to Wireless Home Phone

AT&T is offering their wireless home phone adaptor for free with a 2 year contract, The service is $9.95 a month to share your existing wireless minutes or 19.95 a month for unlimited minutes.

Anyone else here switch? If so what do you think?

Since this unlimited plan is cheaper than U-Verse home phone makes me think AT&T wants everyone to switch to this, otherwise they would lower U-Verse home phone prices, what do you think?
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

I think VOIP is a big pain for the installs on old plant. Its much easier to control issues if it were segregated. Too many times I have had customers pick up various AM radio stations. It acts buggy sometimes and when orders are not flowing smooth it causes installs to be kicked or postponed.
dave006
join:1999-12-26
Boca Raton, FL

dave006 to David0417

to David0417
said by David0417:

AT&T is offering their wireless home phone adaptor for free with a 2 year contract, The service is $9.95 a month to share your existing wireless minutes or 19.95 a month for unlimited minutes.

Anyone else here switch? If so what do you think?

Since this unlimited plan is cheaper than U-Verse home phone makes me think AT&T wants everyone to switch to this, otherwise they would lower U-Verse home phone prices, what do you think?

I have looked at the new offer and it replaces a landline or U-verse VoIP with basic cell service. So if you have great AT&T cell service at you home it can be a good option to consider an addition line on your FamilyTalk our Mobile group plan for $9.99.

Also it wil have the same restrictions that your current cell rate plan has so consider how it fits into your overall usage pattern of mobile to moble or mobile to landline.

Dave

David0417
Premium Member
Clover, SC

David0417

Premium Member

I added it on it's own plan for the $19.95 separate from my regular wireless plan.

Also the unit has a traditional vertical antenna for better reception, I already get good signal at my house on my regular cell phone, when I go to my neighbors house I get one bar to no service, we tried this device at her house and we got a medium signal quality, which is good enough for the device to work properly.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Anyway to make it show caller ID over U-verse TV? I assume not but who knows.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

Going from memory, but I think if hit the menu button then possibly the system tab and read sub-menus from there. It is usually turned on by default

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO

ILpt4U to David0417

Premium Member

to David0417
Call AT&T Retentions & explain the pricing difference & your will to switch. The agent may be able to make a deal to keep the U-Voice service

800.288.2020 and tell Mr Voice Response you want to cancel service
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

said by ILpt4U:

Call AT&T Retentions & explain the pricing difference & your will to switch. The agent may be able to make a deal to keep the U-Voice service

800.288.2020 and tell Mr Voice Response you want to cancel service

I find just saying "Retentions" works.

David0417
Premium Member
Clover, SC

David0417

Premium Member

Even if they help you out, they are going to give you a 6 month or 12 month bill credit, I have a 2 year contract with monthly unlimited at $19.99 no hassel no calling,and if U-Verse goes down you still have a working home phone.

U-Verse home phone though is still good if you use it as a fax line or for an alarm system, and the wireless is not.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to David0417

Premium Member

to David0417
I think they just realized how much money they spend on the help desk and paying techs because their VOIP service is so buggy