Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
reply to Yora

Re: Having read feedback on TekSavvy, perhaps I Rogers better

Or get reliable DSL with TSI instead.

Yora

join:2012-12-16
n1o 1n2
How would I know if it is reliable? Also, I just realized there is no wireless internet offered except in Chatham. Which means I wont be able to hook up my iPAD to internet at home.
Thanks!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
said by Yora:

Also, I just realized there is no wireless internet offered except in Chatham. Which means I wont be able to hook up my iPAD to internet at home.

That isn't what that means. You're confusing a wireless home network with "Wireless Internet".

A wireless home network, which is what you'd hook your iPad up to, is available with any kind of internet connection.

"Wireless Internet", which Teksavvy offers in Chatham, means that the connection is delivered wirelessly to your home, instead of over a cable or phone line.

crazypants

join:2011-02-25
North York, ON
reply to Mike2009
Yora, if you have been reading the threads here you would realize that DSL may not be as reliable as cable. Many of us have been plagued with ongoing speed issues in the evening hours. Unfortunately, TSI wouldn't do anything until the rates are established. Just wanted you to have all the facts if you did consider DSL. Although, it may not happen to you.