spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JixJax

join:2003-12-05
Davenport, IA

[IA] Davenport, IA - Intermittent problems the last 4 days.

The last 3 days, I noticed that late in the evening (around 10:00 to 11:00 PM), the internet will become unstable... download shows at around 2/1 download instead of the normal 17/2 download, the modem will reset itself, and internet in general becomes unstable and disrupted. Today (Sunday) it started around 3:00 PM in the afternoon and I noticed download speed right now is around 3-4 Mbps instead of the normal 16-17.

Are there any known issues in this area, and why is the internet flaky only intermittently? Any help or advice appreciated.

PS: I did unplug everything including the router and isolated the modem with a WIRED laptop and had the same results.

khoaled

join:2002-11-08
Moline, IL
look at mediacom's forums. they haven't/won't acknowledge a problem. People that are posting there are having the same problem. They're saying "signal levels are bad" and scheduling a fix.

hdtv00

join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL
reply to JixJax
The thread right next to your post is about issues on the Illinois side of the Quad Cities, so yes clearly there is some issue messing up everyone's internet for the last few days.

I can't get more than 8M down on my 50M service and last night it was 2M down max.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:118
reply to JixJax
If you are still having issues, send me an IM with your account or phone number. I am getting information to send to Area Management now.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to JixJax
My ultra 50 here in iowa has also been very slow the last 2 days, i got a 10 meg down today when i tested. ill try it again tomorrow, it seems to be fine during non peak hours

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Keep me updated.

JixJax

Davenport, IA
Chad, I did send you the info. I doubt the technician coming tomorrow will be able to do anything, especially if it is in it's "normal" stage. But I am hoping that Mediacom awareness to the problem will lead to some resolution.

Bierboy

join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL
reply to JixJax
I'm having similar problems here in East Moline. Normal for me is 20-30/2-3 and right now it's anywhere from .6-3/2-3....I PM'd Chad also...

Travisimo1

join:2004-09-19
Moline, IL
reply to JixJax
I'm in Moline with similar issues (only getting 2 down on an Ultra 50 plan the last couple of days) and I have also PM'd Chad.

Thanks for checking into this for us!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
You are very welcome.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
reply to JixJax
sent you a link Chad via PM

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to JixJax
Network Operations has confirmed there is an issue in IA and IL. We are investigating now.

Sengfeng

join:2006-10-16
Moline, IL
2mbit down would be a joy right now... .25 down at the moment. Absolute crap service the past 3 days. I've had to drive in to work to help customers since I was on call.

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

Network Operations has confirmed there is an issue in IA and IL. We are investigating now.

Many years ago in this forum some customers here used to talk about the "multiple T-1's" hanging from under the I-74 bridge. Happy holidays.

surge5060

join:2010-11-01
Moline, IL
reply to JixJax
My speeds are getting better but no where close to my 50/5 package. Hope they are still working on the problem!

hdtv00

join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL
reply to JixJax

JixJax

Davenport, IA
reply to JixJax
This morning speedtest.net showed normal upload/download of 17/1

After work I checked, and this evening I am getting something like 0.3/0.9. Obviously this problem seems more prevalent in the late afternoon/evenings and night times.

What is going on with Mediacom?

Gaberm1972

join:2012-12-17
Bettendorf, IA
Click for full size
Mediacom speeds in Bettendorf are non existent. My 20Mb service is getting .05Mb

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
We are aware of the issues in the area and are working to get this issue resolved.

Gaberm1972

join:2012-12-17
Bettendorf, IA
You may want to let the tech support operators in on that. When I called they scheduled an appointment for Thursday because there is no reported problems in my area.