Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to gambothell

Re: [Rant] UPS delivery will not ring the doorbell

UPS drivers are under intense pressure by their employer and workload to deliver X amount of packages over X amount of time in the fastest possible time. Tremendous pressure.

Basically there are three categories of deliveries. Regular not requiring a signature, something that requires a signature, and something that is obvious to the driver as being valuable.

How they handle the deliveries is often dictated by where you live and the specific driver, (both in terms of personal standards and also separately how experienced they are.)

Commonly for regular deliveries in areas that are subjectively "good" neighborhoods, (for example certain rural, semi-rural, and residential areas) the driver will just drop off the package either with no knock or door bell ring or the knock or door bell ring will NOT be followed by any wait by the driver. He will just leave the package and go.

If the delivery is something obviously valuable or requires a signature the driver will either wait for an answer to the knock or doorbell. If not they usually will not leave it.

I have a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper on my door that is addressed to UPS, USPS and FED-EX and signed by me telling the driver is OK to leave anything at the door. The drivers in the past have all ways honored that. (Most of the time I am home.)

The FED-EX and USPS do not rush on anything requiring a signature. They knock and wait a bit, even with my door sign.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Blogger:

I have a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper on my door that is addressed to UPS, USPS and FED-EX and signed by me telling the driver is OK to leave anything at the door. The drivers in the past have all ways honored that. (Most of the time I am home.)

The FED-EX and USPS do not rush on anything requiring a signature. They knock and wait a bit, even with my door sign.

I have a signature release on file with FedEx. That permits them to leave anything even if a signature is required by the shipper.

UPS never asks for a signature, even for a $1,000 laptop. Maybe I have a release on file with them. Or maybe the driver leaves items that require signatures because we're in a safe neighborhood.