uniqs
share rss forum feed

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB

1 edit
reply to rustydusty

Re: [motherboard] Asus M5A99X RAID Recover

Well, the RAID-10 has stayed in "Functional" for a few hours and after numerous reboots. Now though, when I go to move the images over, add them into hyper-v and start the VM, it's giving me the error that my processor is not capable of doing virtualization. Seems that the machine runs great when the array is showing critical and missing a drive. When the array shows functional, nothing else will work.

FYI, SVM is enabled and machine has been shutdown and started a few times.

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
said by rustydusty:

Well, the RAID-10 has stayed in "Functional" for a few hours and after numerous reboots. Now though, when I go to move the images over, add them into hyper-v and start the VM, it's giving me the error that my processor is not capable of doing virtualization.

Have you looked at the bios and made sure 3 things are set right:

1. Virtualization is set to on. This point on some AMD boards was effected by some bios' differently. Have you tried looking up bios' and if there was a specific fix at ASUS?
2. UEFI hasn't set "secure boot" and it's stopping the copy of the images?
3. You are still plugged into the AMD SB950 controller only (sounds like this is fine already, but with issues, the question has to be asked due to not being there to see)

Long shots but these would be the first things I'd consider show stoppers for your needs. But my gut suggests you know what you are doing and these are all fine. Just asking, so please do not take offense.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
said by norwegian:

said by rustydusty:

Well, the RAID-10 has stayed in "Functional" for a few hours and after numerous reboots. Now though, when I go to move the images over, add them into hyper-v and start the VM, it's giving me the error that my processor is not capable of doing virtualization.

Have you looked at the bios and made sure 3 things are set right:

1. Virtualization is set to on. This point on some AMD boards was effected by some bios' differently. Have you tried looking up bios' and if there was a specific fix at ASUS?
2. UEFI hasn't set "secure boot" and it's stopping the copy of the images?
3. You are still plugged into the AMD SB950 controller only (sounds like this is fine already, but with issues, the question has to be asked due to not being there to see)

Long shots but these would be the first things I'd consider show stoppers for your needs. But my gut suggests you know what you are doing and these are all fine. Just asking, so please do not take offense.

No affense taken. I actually turned Virtulization off, then back on and it would then load virtual machines. Unfortunately I'm out of town until friday. Before I left, the array was showing functional after numerous reboots and virtual machines running on it. After all virtual machines were moved to it, I performed one more reboot and still showed functional. I can remote in from my hotel and see that everything is working. Once home I will do a reboot and see if the array still shows functional. If not, the board is going back on an RMA. Never had so many issues before. The older Hyper-v machine is an older AMD and only had to do the RAID setup once, haven't had a single issue since. Not sure why this one is being such a pain in the rear.