Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky

Premium Member

Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church web site

quote:
The Westboro Baptist Church stated earlier this week that they would be picketing the funerals of the victims of Newtown Connecticut's tragic shooting in an effort to bring awareness to their hate messages. In response, the Anonymous hacker collective has hacked their website and posted the personal information of all of its members.
»politics.slashdot.org/st ··· t-church

Good going Anonymous! Those idiots deserve it if you ask me.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

Yes, though I believe they deserve MUCH more. Seriously, im surprised no one has done anything violent to them yet.

Protesting little kids funerals and saying they had it coming? How low can you really go?
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
If somebody did a mass shooting at their 'church' I'm quite sure the majority of people who knew what they stood for wouldn't be saddened at all. It takes real scum to exploit what happened to these children for their gain.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

1 recommendation

La Luna to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Good for Anonymous. They did something right.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to trparky

MVM

to trparky
What needs to happen is for as many people as possible from the neighboring communities to show up and form a "human wall" to separate the WBC "protesters" from the grieving families. It has been done before. Direct confrontation should be avoided in order to deny the WBC grounds for legal action against the counter-protest, and the local governments.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

said by NormanS:

What needs to happen is for as many people as possible from the neighboring communities to show up and form a "human wall" to separate the WBC "protesters" from the grieving families. It has been done before. Direct confrontation should be avoided in order to deny the WBC grounds for legal action against the counter-protest, and the local governments.

This happens in a lot of communities in which those bigots protest now. There are a lot of good people in the world.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky

vimeo.com/55671721

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

Interesting what you find when you follow things....
ht tp://vimeo.com/55671721?pg=embed&sec=55671721

trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

1 recommendation

trparky

Premium Member

quote:
Hello, Westboro Baptist Church.

Allow us to introduce ourselves. We are Anonymous.

As you may not have acknowledged our existence, we, on the otherhand, have recognized yours. We have seen your depraved methods of disseminating your message of hate throughout The United States of America. We have witnessed you defaming the memories of those who sacrificed themselves for the security of our nation, disrupting the peace of the educational environment within high schools and universities, breeding hatred within the fragile minds of your own next of kin, desecrating the name of God by protesting in the proximity of churches and synagogues, and mangling the biblical text to conform in accordance with your malevolent cause.

Your pseudo-faith is abhorrent, and your leaders, repugnant. Your impact and cause is hazardous to the lives of millions and you fail to see the wrong in promoting the deaths of innocent people. You are self-appointed servants of God who rewrite the words of His sacred scripture to adhere to your prejudice. Your hatred supersedes your faith, and you use faith to promote your hatred.

Since your one-dimensional thought protocol will conform not to any modern logic, we will not debate, argue, or attempt to reason with you. Instead, we have unanimously deemed your organization to be harmful to the population of The United States of America, and have therefore decided to execute an agenda of action which will progressively dismantle your institution of deceitful pretext and extreme bias, and cease when your zealotry runs dry. We recognize you as serious opponents, and do not expect our campaign to terminate in a short period of time. Attrition is our weapon, and we will waste no time, money, effort, and enjoyment, in tearing your resolve into pieces, as with exposing the incongruity of your distorted faith.

Anonymous possesses a plethora of information within our network about the many divisions of Christianity and numerous other religious doctrines. Many of us are versed in the biblical text, and we can identify each and every of your violations of scripture. You abuse the Holy Bible which you do not fully comprehend and know not of the thousands of authors to impose upon other people when you can simply coalesce with your loved ones and live in the manner you deem plausible. You engage in reciprocal fornication with another man and preach adultery as a sin. You, Shirley Lynn Phelps-Roper violated Deuteronomy 5:18. As a result, your son Sam is the living, breathing proof of your act of simple loneliness. Simply put, it takes not a genius to realize an arrogant woman’s loose moral string, and its predilection to progressively wither and fray.

From the time you have received this message, our attack protocol has past been executed and your downfall is underway. Do not attempt to delude yourselves into thinking you can escape our reach, for we are everywhere, and all-seeing, in the same sense as God. We are a body of individuals who fight for a purpose higher than self, and seek to bring the malevolent intent of the malefactors to light.

We will not allow you to corrupt the minds of America with your seeds of hatred. We will not allow you to inspire aggression to the social factions which you deem inferior. We will render you obsolete. We will destroy you. We are coming.

Everyone is equal.

We are Anonymous.
We are Legion.
We do not Forgive.
We do not Forget.
Expect us.

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO

GadgetsRme to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
I found this on another site and couldn't agree more.

bravesfan513
July 19, 2012 at 6:27 am

..... There is nothing about Westboro “baptist church” that any Christian should learn from or associate with. Even if some of their words may seem right in spots, they are taking a stand based on hatred, not based on a love for the Word of God. The Bible tells us to “try the spirits” to see if they’re of God, not read what the words on a website say. A Christian’s spirit will not bear witness with anything associated with this “church”. They say lots of nasty things about other folks, but God has especially tough things to say in the Bible about those who pervert the Gospel. I would advise any Christian to abhor anything about the Westboro “baptist church”, with the same confidence with which you would abhor a Satanic “church,” because they are no different.....

»southerngospelyankee.wor ··· hetoric/

I firmly believe that come the judgement day they will be faced with their activities and found not worthy.

La Luna
Premium Member
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
said by trparky:

quote:
Hello, Westboro Baptist Church.

Allow us to introduce ourselves. We are Anonymous......

Love love love it.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

1 recommendation

EGeezer to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
it's unfortunate how many people in our supposedly tolerant American society use religion to spread fear, hate and bigotry in the name of the Christian religion based on love, compassion, forgiveness and redemption.

Furthermore, politicians who paint themselves as Christian use it to spread fear and justify the erosion of personal privacy, freedom and constitutional rights in the guise of "morality" and "fighting terrorism".

God must be rolling his eyes at this circus.

La Luna
Premium Member
New Port Richey, FL

2 recommendations

La Luna

Premium Member

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians who approve of Westboro's despicable tactics. They are an anomaly.

EGeezer
Premium Member
join:2002-08-04
Midwest

1 recommendation

EGeezer

Premium Member

said by La Luna:

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians who approve of Westboro's despicable tactics.

I agree. No true Christian would subscribe to their tactics or their beliefs.

KodiacZiller
Premium Member
join:2008-09-04

KodiacZiller to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Wow, Westboro has sunk to an all time new low (if that were even possible). Picketing the dead kids' funerals?

One of those Westboro idiots is going to get murdered at one of these "protests" one of these days. They are going to piss off the wrong mourning family member. Just watch.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

1 recommendation

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by KodiacZiller:

One of those Westboro idiots is going to get murdered at one of these "protests" one of these days. They are going to piss off the wrong mourning family member. Just watch.

I seriously hope not.. Last thing we need to do is give them a "martyr"

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank to Duramax08

Premium Member

to Duramax08
said by Duramax08:

Yes, though I believe they deserve MUCH more. Seriously, im surprised no one has done anything violent to them yet.

Protesting little kids funerals and saying they had it coming? How low can you really go?

In addition they protest our fallen hero's funerals. I am also surprised that something hasn't happened to one of their members yet. These people are disgusting.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to KodiacZiller

MVM

to KodiacZiller
said by KodiacZiller:

They would just praise God and condemn the rest of us. Though I have no first hand experience with that group, we have a similar crowd right here in the south S.F. Bay Area: "Cry 2 God Ministries". Some posters on the FanimeCon forum thought that our protesters were WBC, but that did not seem to fit my observation. WBC's signature signage targets homosexuals, C2G is a less specific, "Turn to Jesus, or burn in Hell". But both groups seek martyrdom as a vindication of their vile perversions of Christianity.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

voxframe to NormanS

to NormanS
What "needs" to happen is something far stronger than just a human wall. Unfortunately these fucktards are going to piss off the wrong person one day and pay for it with their lives. There's only so much of this shit that a person can handle, now combine that with someone who has lost their child or their family, you have a person with nothing to lose and no fear of any of their famed "legal" actions. It's only a matter of time before someone snaps and then we will be hearing about a shooting again in the media. I don't know what the legalities are on this kind of bullshit in Canada, but at least I'm glad it doesn't seem to happen here? (I'm sure I'm wrong there, but hoping I'm right)
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to KodiacZiller

to KodiacZiller
said by KodiacZiller:

Wow, Westboro has sunk to an all time new low (if that were even possible). Picketing the dead kids' funerals?

They planned on doing this at least once before. I grew up in a rural area, and not far from where I used to live, some kids died in a fire at a farmhouse. These lowlifes announced plans to picket at the funeral for these poor kids. However, it never happened. Maybe because a lot of people in that area have guns and know how to use them. Or maybe because most of the land in that area is private property, and the closest spot they could have held their protest was miles away from the funeral.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

1 recommendation

fuziwuzi to La Luna

Premium Member

to La Luna
said by La Luna:

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians who approve of Westboro's despicable tactics. They are an anomaly.

They claim to be the "true christians" and everyone else is "fake". So, who are we (non-christians) to believe? Every one of the 217+ recognized denominations of christian churches claims to be the only correct one.

Saying that one nonsense is more correct than another nonsense is, well, nonsense.
Expand your moderator at work

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus to La Luna

Premium Member

to La Luna

Re: Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church web site

said by La Luna:

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians

Fixed.

Steve
I know your IP address

join:2001-03-10
Tustin, CA

1 edit

5 recommendations

Steve to EGeezer

to EGeezer
said by EGeezer:

it's unfortunate how many people in our supposedly tolerant American society use religion to spread fear, hate and bigotry in the name of the Christian religion based on love, compassion, forgiveness and redemption.

Westboro Baptist Church is not a bad church; they are not a church at all; they are a law firm posing as a church.

They are trying to bait people - especially local governments - from restricting their "rights" where they can sue for damages under religious discrimination. The "church" is made up almost entirely by the Phelps family, many of whom work at the Phelps Law Firm.

They're just disgusting human beings, and any attempts to discredit their "religious beliefs" is giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Steve

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

2 recommendations

bTU

The sued people from the local Patriot Guard Riders for infringement of their civil liberties. We counter protested them by using our bikes to block their view of a military funeral motorcade and revved our engines so no one could hear their hate speech.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

1 recommendation

kingdome74 to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Here's where this debate goes off the rails - this church doesn't break any laws. Instead they use them to their advantage no different than someone uses the tax code to theirs. Breaking the law - especially laws that protect speech - is the complete usurping of what we're supposed to be all about. As much as we despise these folks - I've had my own run in with them at a military funeral up here - as long as they break no laws they have every right afforded to them granted in the Constitution and as such should be free from vigilante justice. I always wonder how the same people who yell about their rights being taken from them are the first to take them from others.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

1 edit

1 recommendation

Exodus

Premium Member

A person who bases their morality around whatever the laws are, is not a moral person at all.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

And yet how many people say "it's legal, so I'm not doing anything wrong" (regarding tax loopholes, etc.).

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Yep. Something doesn't have to be illegal for it to be wrong. Also, just because something is illegal, doesn't mean it's wrong either.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Well of course. Well-constructed laws make illegal what is already immoral (or exist for order and the common good--i.e. speed limits), but there are legal--but immoral--acts, as much as there are illegal--but moral--acts (or put another way, it would be immoral if you didn't act by breaking the law).

But as a society, we have a hard time agreeing on what is immoral and should be made illegal.