scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1
reply to Hank

said by Hank:

NormanS - Oh! Surely you gist. How can he be wrong.

Here's how:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

1 recommendation

reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

As the religious die off, the younger generations shed themselves of fairy tales and then and only then can we come together as a world that has the interest of the people truly at heart.

That's already been tried in various workers' paradises, and failed miserably. People weren't empowered, they were enslaved, and generally lived in poverty in service to the state, to boot.

Those who turn their backs on history are doomed to repeat it. Ignorance doesn't protect the younger generations or make life better; it just makes them easier to victimize.

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA

said by goalieskates:

said by Archivis:

As the religious die off, the younger generations shed themselves of fairy tales and then and only then can we come together as a world that has the interest of the people truly at heart.

That's already been tried in various workers' paradises, and failed miserably. People weren't empowered, they were enslaved, and generally lived in poverty in service to the state, to boot.

Those who turn their backs on history are doomed to repeat it. Ignorance doesn't protect the younger generations or make life better; it just makes them easier to victimize.

Archivis's Fantasy Island stance is the typical humanistic claptrap those of such ilk have belched forth for decades, if not centuries. The only thing missing from his stirring vision of Valhalla on earth is John Lennon's "Imagine" being piped in through loudspeakers to the unwashed masses.
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by scelli:

Archivis's Fantasy Island stance is the typical humanistic claptrap those of such ilk have belched forth for decades, if not centuries. The only thing missing from his stirring vision of Valhalla on earth is John Lennon's "Imagine" being piped in through loudspeakers to the unwashed masses.

What about Liam Neeson's Zeus?
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA

said by Krisnatharok:

said by scelli:

What about Liam Neeson's Zeus?

That remake was such a disappointing movie for me and thought the flick would be much better than it was!
--

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
reply to Archivis

The common sense verse.

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to scelli

said by scelli:

said by goalieskates:

said by Archivis:

Well, it beats the heck out of the 'claptrap' being spouted by religion for centuries in my opinion.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

For better or worse in a free society, you're entitled to that opinion...just like I'm entitled to mine.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to trparky

I would love to further engage in a debate with you gents, but I've been told to keep this on topic. I have nothing else to add regarding Anon vs. WBC, so I have to drop out of this thread.

Your religion isn't right. It was never right. You've only had success through sheer numbers and only in the countries that you have numbers in. Your numbers are fading, either through people who see through the lies, or a massive growth in population by people who believe in a separate set of lies.

P.S. Liam Neeson's Zeus was the shit.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to scelli

said by scelli:

For better or worse in a free society, you're entitled to that opinion...just like I'm entitled to mine.

Agreed.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

The Snowman
Premium
join:2007-05-20
kudos:4
reply to trparky

Firefighters and police support "Stand the Wall" to protect Sandy Hook funerals from Westboro Baptist Church

Two days after Anonymous and other hacker groups announced their intention to destroy the Westboro Baptist Church over the group's plan to picket the funerals of victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, firefighters and police in New England worked together to shield the funerals from the WBC. Emergency personnel from the region came together to support "Stand the Wall" in an effort to block the potential protesters from reaching the funerals.

»www.philly.com/philly/news/Firef···als.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

STAND THE WALL

FIREFIGHTERS and POLICE OFFICERS
needed in Newtown CT

Newtown CT is asking for our help.
We are trying to assemble teams of 15 to stand in a wall blocking the
Westboro Baptist Church protesters
from the families
during the funerals of the victims of the shootings.

If you are able to put together teams of 15 and can get to Newtown CT
please let us know.
If you would like to go single, or with a few,
also let us know, and we will try to put teams together.

Once teams are submitted,
they will create a schedule.

We truly appreciate your help and support

»www.thebravest.com/standthewall.html

goalieskates
Premium
join:2004-09-12
land of big

said by The Snowman:

Firefighters and police support "Stand the Wall" to protect Sandy Hook funerals from Westboro Baptist Church

Bless them.

La Luna
Survived Ashraful
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to The Snowman

FWIW, I don't think Westboro has showed up. At least I haven't seen any reports that they have as yet.

Hopefully, Anonymous accomplished it's goal.

The Snowman
Premium
join:2007-05-20
kudos:4
reply to trparky

A heart-breaking honor guard for their little comrade: Fire heroes line funeral of seven-year-old Daniel Barden who dreamed of joining their ranks - but whose life was cut short at Sandy Hook

»www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article···-up.html

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
reply to The Snowman

I've heard of similar human shield walls being formed in Kansas for some cops' funerals.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

said by sivran:

I've heard of similar human shield walls being formed in Kansas for some cops' funerals.

It's been done many times, including a funeral for a veteran near where I live. I actually rode (on the road, not in the church parking lot) by to take a look, to give a thumbs up to the bikers forming the human wall, and to give the finger to the Westboro Baptist protestors. They never got near the actual funeral.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to trparky

quote:
Like last time, the team at UGNazi is saying they've attained full control of a prominent WBC member's account in retaliation for the hate group's plans to picket Newtown victim funerals. They also posted a picture of an alleged email exchange between "church" members, suggesting the account was broken into through a password reset sent to a compromise email inbox.
»gizmodo.com/5969965/hackers-seiz···-account
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to trparky

Westboro Baptist Church Newtown Funeral Protest Thwarted By Good Samaritans

quote:
Motorcylists lined up on Wednesday to protest the possible protesters. "All these guys see us and think we're bad. We're not. It's solidarity, is what it is," New York native Jim Hannigan told Newtown Patch. "I just felt I had to be here."
»twitter.com/NewtownPatch/status/···/photo/1
--

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
fishing
reply to trparky

This is the upcoming picketing schedule for Westboro Baptist. I'll break the link; they're pretty vile people.

ht tp://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html
--

La Luna
Survived Ashraful
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY

Ugh....I was hoping they gave up.

What vile creatures.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

1 edit

said by La Luna:

Ugh....I was hoping they gave up.

What vile creatures.

They live off of their lawsuits. The only way to beat them is a peaceful counter demonstration which denies them a legally actionable confrontation. And even that may not work; to the extent that their presence creates a media circus.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

1 recommendation

reply to bTU

outstanding.
jd

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA
reply to bTU

said by bTU:

The sued people from the local Patriot Guard Riders for infringement of their civil liberties. We counter protested them by using our bikes to block their view of a military funeral motorcade and revved our engines so no one could hear their hate speech.

Out-Standing!!!
--

EGeezer
Go Cats
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
reply to Snowy

Check your IM

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
reply to The Snowman

You don't need that many people to block those boobs, just the firefighters with a couple of hoses and fire hydrants, problem solved.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Camaro:

You don't need that many people to block those boobs, just the firefighters with a couple of hoses and fire hydrants, problem solved.

In which case, you will have "blocked those boobs" using public-funded first-responders and, at the same time, assured a very large court judgment against your community in the resulting Freedom-of-Speech or Freedom-to-Assemble civil suit. And the latter will only guarantee these clowns will be back tomorrow, somewhere, with some fresh outrage to commit. The best approach found thus far is the human-wall idea of other citizens simply exercising their own collective right to speak or assemble.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
FLOT/FEBA

said by Blackbird:

In which case, you will have "blocked those boobs" using public-funded first-responders and, at the same time, assured a very large court judgment against your community in the resulting Freedom-of-Speech or Freedom-to-Assemble civil suit. And the latter will only guarantee these clowns will be back tomorrow, somewhere, with some fresh outrage to commit. The best approach found thus far is the human-wall idea of other citizens simply exercising their own collective right to speak or assemble.

Excellent points. Any of us old enough to remember the heavy-handed outrageous behavior of Bull Connor and his Alabama good-old-boy cronies during the Birmingham civil rights demonstrations of 1963 will also recall him ordering high-pressure fire hoses turned on innocent demonstrators, many of them children. The resultant pictures of that gross abuse spread like wildfire throughout the world and turned the tide of public opinion against him and his lackeys forever.

However: While I'd like nothing better than to see this so-called "church" get their comeuppance (and the sooner the better), turning fire hoses on those idiots isn't the way to do it. There's simply too many legal eagle clowns dying to further their careers who would twist such an event into a favorable light for those WBC scum buckets.
--

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

said by scelli:

There's simply too many legal eagle clowns dying to further their careers who would twist such an event into a favorable light for those WBC scum buckets.

Including the WBC itself. It is just a family of lawyers looking for any excuse to sue.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum