fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14
reply to trparky

Re: Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church web site

This is the upcoming picketing schedule for Westboro Baptist. I'll break the link; they're pretty vile people.

ht tp://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

Ugh....I was hoping they gave up.

What vile creatures.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

1 edit

said by La Luna:

Ugh....I was hoping they gave up.

What vile creatures.

They live off of their lawsuits. The only way to beat them is a peaceful counter demonstration which denies them a legally actionable confrontation. And even that may not work; to the extent that their presence creates a media circus.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

Phoenix22
Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth

1 recommendation

reply to bTU

outstanding.
jd

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA
kudos:1
reply to bTU

said by bTU:

The sued people from the local Patriot Guard Riders for infringement of their civil liberties. We counter protested them by using our bikes to block their view of a military funeral motorcade and revved our engines so no one could hear their hate speech.

Out-Standing!!!
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
reply to Snowy

Check your IM

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
reply to The Snowman

You don't need that many people to block those boobs, just the firefighters with a couple of hoses and fire hydrants, problem solved.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by Camaro:

You don't need that many people to block those boobs, just the firefighters with a couple of hoses and fire hydrants, problem solved.

In which case, you will have "blocked those boobs" using public-funded first-responders and, at the same time, assured a very large court judgment against your community in the resulting Freedom-of-Speech or Freedom-to-Assemble civil suit. And the latter will only guarantee these clowns will be back tomorrow, somewhere, with some fresh outrage to commit. The best approach found thus far is the human-wall idea of other citizens simply exercising their own collective right to speak or assemble.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

scelli
Native New Yorker
Premium
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

said by Blackbird:

In which case, you will have "blocked those boobs" using public-funded first-responders and, at the same time, assured a very large court judgment against your community in the resulting Freedom-of-Speech or Freedom-to-Assemble civil suit. And the latter will only guarantee these clowns will be back tomorrow, somewhere, with some fresh outrage to commit. The best approach found thus far is the human-wall idea of other citizens simply exercising their own collective right to speak or assemble.

Excellent points. Any of us old enough to remember the heavy-handed outrageous behavior of Bull Connor and his Alabama good-old-boy cronies during the Birmingham civil rights demonstrations of 1963 will also recall him ordering high-pressure fire hoses turned on innocent demonstrators, many of them children. The resultant pictures of that gross abuse spread like wildfire throughout the world and turned the tide of public opinion against him and his lackeys forever.

However: While I'd like nothing better than to see this so-called "church" get their comeuppance (and the sooner the better), turning fire hoses on those idiots isn't the way to do it. There's simply too many legal eagle clowns dying to further their careers who would twist such an event into a favorable light for those WBC scum buckets.
--
The maximum effective range of an excuse is ZERO meters!

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by scelli:

There's simply too many legal eagle clowns dying to further their careers who would twist such an event into a favorable light for those WBC scum buckets.

Including the WBC itself. It is just a family of lawyers looking for any excuse to sue.
--
Norman
Expand your moderator at work

ashrc4
Premium
join:2009-02-06
australia
reply to Archivis

Re: Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church web site

said by Archivis:

But what I did was not to adjust what you said and claim you said it. What I did was adjust your quote to something a little more accurate. I mean, what exactly defines a Christian? A person who follows the Bible? What else could it be? There is no other single source of God's word, correct?

If so, then why do Christians not come out in full support of the only source of writing they have?

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synoptic_gospels
There is a graph and text to explain how the gospel hierarchy should be followed by all Christians.

said by Archivis:

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel. (1 Peter 2:18)

"If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. "(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:13 )

Not the first person to (Christian or otherwise) not to follow the RULES set out by senior Christian authorities (supposedly acting on Gods behalf).

said by Blackbird:

To reiterate previous comments about the reality continually underlying Westboro's actions: for them, it's not about "religion", "morality", or "sin" - it's simply about making extreme statements and picketing in order to stir up outrage or controversy and getting a sufficient community reaction that enables Westboro to be able to file suppression-of-free-speech lawsuits, leading to a win or large settlement. That is, it's purely about the lawsuit money, from beginning to end.

So they won't be picketing their own funerals then.....Pity
--
Paradigm Shift beta test pilot. "Dying to defend one's small piece of suburb...Give me something global...STAT!

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
Westfield, MA
reply to Blackbird

I was being facetious my friend.

The Snowman
Premium
join:2007-05-20
kudos:4
reply to trparky

Rapper Mac Lethal takes on Westboro Baptist Church in new video

The Kansas City rapper who first achieved internet stardom with a pancake-themed parody of “Look at Me Now” just got serious.

Mac Lethal released a YouTube video titled “Oh My God” that takes on the Westboro Baptist Church and some reporters’ actions following last week's shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Since the video’s Tuesday release, it has already received more than 200,000 views on YouTube.

---------------------

»www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/12/21/1···oro.html

wxboss
This is like Deja vu all over again.
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Fort Lauderdale, FL
reply to trparky

Why are we still talking about these people? They're notoriously known for going against the grain of all common sense and decency. Should anyone be surprised by what comes out of their mouths?

Anonymous & Westboro: Two derilict ideologies that have taken center stage together. Oh, the irony.
--
"I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act." --- G. K. Chesterton

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to La Luna

said by La Luna:

Good for Anonymous. They did something right.

No. Anonymous is as bad as Westboro. A pox on both their houses.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY

1 recommendation

said by FFH:

said by La Luna:

Good for Anonymous. They did something right.

No. Anonymous is as bad as Westboro. A pox on both their houses.

No. They DID do something right, and I will give credit where credit is due, regardless of what else they do.

NormanS
Premium,MVM
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC

said by La Luna:

No. They DID do something right, and I will give credit where credit is due, regardless of what else they do.

Even a broken (analog) clock is right two times in twenty-four hours. It is, nevertheless, a useless piece of junk.
--
Norman

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
reply to La Luna

Even the KKK said they'd counter protest WBC. Donno if they actually did or not. That would've been a sight to see.
--
Think Outside the Fox.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
Warwick, NY
reply to NormanS

said by NormanS:

said by La Luna:

Even a broken (analog) clock is right two times in twenty-four hours. It is, nevertheless, a useless piece of junk.

It is NEVER useless to do the right thing. A clock is an object, not a human being.
--
The Alien in the White House

20,085 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

3 recommendations

reply to sivran

said by sivran:

Even the KKK said they'd counter protest WBC. Donno if they actually did or not. That would've been a sight to see.

And the Hate Group Olympics were born.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
Westfield, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to FFH

I'll play devils advocate. I can't remember in my short lifetime when a bunch of normal people could have enough power go up against a government, big financial institution's, Etc. and give a big FU to them. I don't agree with a lot of the crap they do (wish they would divert there attention against China and pester that country's network every minute of every day) but I like anything that go's against the status quo of our society.