Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to trparky

Re: Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church web site

It appears now your thread has now taken on a whole new meaning as a sounding board for some with their own agenda..good luck.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

said by Hank:

So if it was something, like atheist or Islam, it would be true in your eyes?

No, did I insinuate that? My apologies.

Wow - I am sorry to say but after reviewing the multitude of your post I am absolutely amazed.

Hank
Premium
Burlington, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Name Game

said by Name Game:

It appears now your thread has now taken on a whole new meaning as a sounding board for some with their own agenda..good luck.

I don't support either Anonymous or Westboro , but you are absolutely correct. Its absolutely scary.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to trparky

So let's see. Children are massacred. Some skeevy group, for attention seeking and fundraising purposes, says they'll protest offensively at the funerals of the kids. And we get thinly-veiled wishes for death?

said by KodiacZiller:

One of those Westboro idiots is going to get murdered at one of these "protests" one of these days.

said by voxframe:

What "needs" to happen is something far stronger than just a human wall. Unfortunately these fucktards are going to piss off the wrong person one day and pay for it with their lives.

Come on. The problem is that kids were killed in the first place. Wishing for subsequent killings is going in the wrong direction.

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium
join:2008-03-15
Annie's Pub
kudos:4

said by fatness:
The problem is that kids were killed in the first place. Wishing for subsequent killings is going in the wrong direction.

I fully agree.
--
»bit.ly/gUqYaH - C. Brian Smith: Think of the exclamation point as a car horn: a little goes a long way. Lay on it too hard and everyone’s going to think you’re a moron.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX
reply to trparky

I read about WBC drawing the ire of Anonymous yesterday, and posted about it in the topic in the Pub. One thing the original article mentioned was that a spokesperson for the 'church' taunted them live on a talk radio show, saying that god protected their website.

It has been proven before that you don't taunt Anonymous and get away with it. Look what happened to copyright troll ACS:Law and their chief Solicitor Andrew Crossley as a result. In this case, a member of the hacker collective came on and hacked the WBC website while the talk radio show was on the air.
--
I, for one, welcome our new Computer Overlords.

LanDroid2

join:2004-12-20
Cincinnati, OH
reply to trparky

WBC engaged in hacking activities long before they became famous. They would hack into medical records and email accounts of their opponents and publish embarrassing details. So beyond the picketing and so on, WBC made it very personal. They are finally getting a large dose of their own medicine.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
reply to Doctor Four

said by Doctor Four:

It has been proven before that you don't taunt Anonymous and get away with it.

Yeah, it's not a good idea to taunt Anonymous. Taunting them is like poking the guard dog behind the fence while it's barking at you; you just don't do it. Or you're going to be sorry.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

Camaro
Question everything
Premium
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA
kudos:1
reply to EGeezer

God gave up on us a long time ago, he is watching to see how long it takes us to kill each other, then he is going to start over.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

said by Camaro:

God gave up on us a long time ago, he is watching to see how long it takes us to kill each other, then he is going to start over.

Which verse is that based off of?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Mass Effect.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to fatness

said by fatness:

So let's see. Children are massacred. Some skeevy group, for attention seeking and fundraising purposes, says they'll protest offensively at the funerals of the kids. And we get thinly-veiled wishes for death?

said by KodiacZiller:

One of those Westboro idiots is going to get murdered at one of these "protests" one of these days.

said by voxframe:

What "needs" to happen is something far stronger than just a human wall. Unfortunately these fucktards are going to piss off the wrong person one day and pay for it with their lives.

Come on. The problem is that kids were killed in the first place. Wishing for subsequent killings is going in the wrong direction.

I don't want them dead, I want them to leave OTHER PEOPLE ALONE and to stop trying to make a buck off of others misery.
--
The Alien in the White House

20,085 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

Rambo76098

join:2003-02-21
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to trparky

I've listened to a bunch of interviews of these wackjobs, and a large number of the "congregation members" are lawyers. The church is a moneymaking scheme, they do controversial shit, wait for someone suppress their rights, then sue the pants off of said person, group, or government.

This is one group of folks I'd be ok with the government making up some charges and then using civil asset forfeiture to seize all their land and property.

fatness
subtle
Premium,ex-mod 01-13
join:2000-11-17
fishing
kudos:14

1 recommendation

reply to La Luna

said by La Luna:

I don't want them dead, I want them to leave OTHER PEOPLE ALONE and to stop trying to make a buck off of others misery.

I'd like the same thing. But as long as they're making money at this (and they are) they'll keep doing it. They have a rather large pool to fish from for donations --- people who perpetually angry; people who wish to be cruel; people who are full of hate; people who are easily led and seek simplistic answers; people who seek attention.

If Anonymous hacks them again I'd expect that a list of donors will be published. The personal information on the group's members is mildly interested but is really useless unless someone wants to start harassing individual group members. That would do nothing to disband or dis-empower the group. Knowing donor information could hit them where it hurts. They're in this for the money.
--
my pants are parched and thirsty

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Clearwire Wireless
·Time Warner Cable

said by fatness:

If Anonymous hacks them again I'd expect that a list of donors will be published.

Assuming you mean outside donors...
"Fred Phelps and his small congregation provide WBC's funding; the group neither solicits nor accepts outside donations. In addition to this income, the church makes money by winning or settling civil lawsuits involving the church.
»www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i···t-church

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
reply to trparky

Shirley Roper Phelps @dearshirley has been taken over by Cosmothegod. I love it.
The funny thing about Shirley Phelps is she had a son out of wedlock.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1qcqfQ9···a_player

Funny thing is they go after other people for their "sins" yet she gets flustered when she is called out.

As for religion, come join me at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. We welcome you all to become Pastafarians.
--
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb."

Have you been touched by his noodly appendage? »www.venganza.org

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by ptrowski:

Shirley Roper Phelps @dearshirley has been taken over by Cosmothegod. I love it.
The funny thing about Shirley Phelps is she had a son out of wedlock. ... thing is they go after other people for their "sins" yet she gets flustered when she is called out. ...

To reiterate previous comments about the reality continually underlying Westboro's actions: for them, it's not about "religion", "morality", or "sin" - it's simply about making extreme statements and picketing in order to stir up outrage or controversy and getting a sufficient community reaction that enables Westboro to be able to file suppression-of-free-speech lawsuits, leading to a win or large settlement. That is, it's purely about the lawsuit money, from beginning to end.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT

Oh I know, it was just great to see her squirm. They are basically a lawsuit factory.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to trparky

Frankly, watching Anonymous versus Westboro is like watching a pack of jackals tangle with a pack of hyenas... I'll let others attribute who is who. In any case, I can't identify with either, there's mild interest in the unfolding details of the conflict, and in the end nothing about it will matter much in the grand scheme of things.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fuziwuzi

said by fuziwuzi:

said by La Luna:

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians who approve of Westboro's despicable tactics. They are an anomaly.

They claim to be the "true christians" and everyone else is "fake". So, who are we (non-christians) to believe? Every one of the 217+ recognized denominations of christian churches claims to be the only correct one.

Saying that one nonsense is more correct than another nonsense is, well, nonsense.

I could not agree more.

Dave
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

said by La Luna:

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians

Fixed.

Priceless

Dave
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

said by workablob:

Childish

Dave

Fixed, as per other comments in the thread.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to Hank

said by Hank:

said by Archivis:

said by NormanS:

More nonsense! Sure is a lot of nonsense in this thread today!

It sure is. Everyone wants to debate about which version of fiction is the truest form of fiction.

So if it was something, like atheist or Islam, it would be true in your eyes?

Atheism is simply the disbelief in the existence of a deity. Theism is belief in the existence of a deity or deities. The prefix "A" denotes the opposite. Claiming that atheism is a religion is akin to saying that NOT playing football is a sport. Granted, some people do take atheism to an extreme and begin "preaching" it, but for most of us it is nothing more than the definition I repeated.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Archivis

said by Archivis:

said by workablob:

Childish

Dave

Fixed, as per other comments in the thread.

Nope. I stand my my comment LOL.

Best thread ever.

Dave
--

workablob

Houston, TX
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to fuziwuzi

said by fuziwuzi:

Atheism is simply the disbelief in the existence of a deity. Theism is belief in the existence of a deity or deities. The prefix "A" denotes the opposite. Claiming that atheism is a religion is akin to saying that NOT playing football is a sport. Granted, some people do take atheism to an extreme and begin "preaching" it, but for most of us it is nothing more than the definition I repeated.

Excellent definition.

You nailed it.

Thanks,

Dave
--

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to Archivis

"It's only a crime if I get caught."

"The police didn't stop me, so it's fine."

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
reply to trparky

said by trparky:

quote:
The Westboro Baptist Church stated earlier this week that they would be picketing the funerals of the victims of Newtown Connecticut's tragic shooting in an effort to bring awareness to their hate messages. In response, the Anonymous hacker collective has hacked their website and posted the personal information of all of its members.
Good going Anonymous! Those idiots deserve it if you ask me.

The quality and character of those that make up the WBC are that they are all scumbags of the lowest order full of egocentric thoughts and hostility and bad intentions. Worthless pieces of humanity the inflict great emotional harm to innocent people.

Nevertheless, bad behavior never justifies other bad behavior.

"Anonymous" is wrong both in their existence and in their behavior.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
reply to workablob

said by workablob:

said by Archivis:

said by La Luna:

I think you would be hard pressed to find any true Christians

Fixed.

Priceless

Dave

Except that's not what I said, so no....not "priceless", just misquoted.
--
The Alien in the White House

20,085 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

But what I did was not to adjust what you said and claim you said it. What I did was adjust your quote to something a little more accurate. I mean, what exactly defines a Christian? A person who follows the Bible? What else could it be? There is no other single source of God's word, correct?

If so, then why do Christians not come out in full support of the only source of writing they have?

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel. (1 Peter 2:18)

"If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. "(Leviticus 20:9)

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:13 )

"If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girls virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her fathers house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her fathers house." (Deuteronomy 22:20-1)

"For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death." (Exodus 35:2)

This can continue on for quite a long time. Why is it that you don't come forward to call for the deaths of homosexuals, men who cheat on their wives, women who are not virgins, or people who work on Sundays?

It's because it's absurd and if some of it is absurd, all of it is absurd. If all of it is absurd, then maybe it's not I who is childish, but those who believe in childish fairy tales.

Also, there are over a hundred religions. Why is yours the path to the spoils in the afterlife? What happens to those who follow another teaching? Why is yours the best? Is it because you chose it? Or were you born into it? Take a look at the religions of the world and you'll find that the majority of the religions are conveniently geographically based.

All of this written by a series of people who lived in an era where they had no fucking idea what was going on. But I'm the childish one. And here we are, supposedly trusting you and people like you to give us the authority to tell us what is right and what is wrong, who is a true christian and who is not.

La Luna, you're trying to tell me about what "rational, thinking human beings" would do. How can you consider yourself a rational thinker when your entire way of life, the foundation of everything you believe in, isn't based on a single thought of your own.

And now we're to trust this collective of non-thinking, self-declared thinkers to write political policies and to conjure up laws and to do what is in the best interest of a country that celebrates religious diversity.

Westboro is only words. Your majority has inflicted real and actual damage throughout the ages.

Your majority is dwindling. The Internet has allowed people to break the flow of communication and people are able to find the truth on their own. As the religious die off, the younger generations shed themselves of fairy tales and then and only then can we come together as a world that has the interest of the people truly at heart.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Hank
Premium
Burlington, WV

I'll say it again. WOW!! Unbelievable.