Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

2 recommendations

NormanS to Exodus

MVM

to Exodus

Re: Anonymous Hacks Westboro Baptist Church web site

said by Exodus:

It's because it's absurd and if some of it is absurd, all of it is absurd. If all of it is absurd, then maybe it's not I who is childish, but those who believe in childish fairy tales.

Logical fallacy: Reductio ad Absurdum.

"Childish fairy tales" indeed! You are just as guilty as anyone else of selectively quoting the Bible for your own end.

Also, there are over a hundred religions ... Take a look at the religions of the world and you'll find that the majority of the religions are conveniently geographically based.

What does that even mean?

All of this written by a series of people who lived in an era where they had no fucking idea what was going on.

And we do?

But I'm the childish one. And here we are, supposedly trusting you and people like you to give us the authority to tell us what is right and what is wrong, who is a true christian and who is not.

La Luna, you're trying to tell me about what "rational, thinking human beings" would do. How can you consider yourself a rational thinker when your entire way of life, the foundation of everything you believe in, isn't based on a single thought of your own.

And yours is?

And now we're to trust this collective of non-thinking, self-declared thinkers to write political policies and to conjure up laws and to do what is in the best interest of a country that celebrates religious diversity.

I think you either don't know what it means to think, or you think your thinking is superior; the latter being what every human, religious, or otherwise, seems to think.

Westboro is only words. Your majority has inflicted real and actual damage throughout the ages.

Would that include the battles at Thermopylae, Arbela, Alesia, and Teutoburg Forest? How about the Battle of Hakusonko, or the Battle of Baekgang?

I would recommend The Encyclopedia Of Military History (Trevor N. Dupuy and R. Ernest Dupuy) as a good reference on the "bloodletting of Humanity" throughout the ages; a good cure for your selective memory concerning the "peaceful intentions" of human beings.

Your majority is dwindling. The Internet has allowed people to break the flow of communication and people are able to find the truth on their own.

Whose "Truth"? Is yours superior?

As the religious die off, the younger generations shed themselves of fairy tales and then and only then can we come together as a world that has the interest of the people truly at heart.

Your faith in "a world that that has the interest of the people truly at heart" is just another fairy tale.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

NormanS - Oh! Surely you gist. How can he be wrong.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
So... is the all-things-security context of this thread now encompassing "eternal security"? Otherwise, to me, it's careened so far off topic as to be unrecognizable for the security forum.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Blackbird:

So... is the all-things-security context of this thread now encompassing "eternal security"? Otherwise, to me, it's careened so far off topic as to be unrecognizable for the security forum.

Perhaps, instead of responding to him I should have just clicked on "hey mods". Sorry about that ...

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game to Blackbird

Premium Member

to Blackbird
said by Blackbird:

Time to pass the collection plate and sing a closing song.
Libra
Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

Libra to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
This is the first I am hearing of this Westboro Baptist Church and I am totally mortified. As the world mourns these innocent children and empathizes with their families this "church" is behaving despicably.

I'm glad Anonymous is taking action.

Sincerely, Libra

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Snowy

to Snowy
said by Snowy:

said by fatness:

If Anonymous hacks them again I'd expect that a list of donors will be published.

Assuming you mean outside donors...
"Fred Phelps and his small congregation provide WBC's funding; the group neither solicits nor accepts outside donations. In addition to this income, the church makes money by winning or settling civil lawsuits involving the church.
»www.splcenter.org/get-in ··· t-church

Well I'm just wrong then.
fatness

4 recommendations

fatness to trparky

to trparky
Let's get off the topic of religion, mkay? Westboro just calls themselves a church to anger people. And unfortunately people in this thread are angered by the religious or nonreligious views of others in this thread. So in that sense Westboro's winning.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
said by fatness:

said by Snowy:

said by fatness:

If Anonymous hacks them again I'd expect that a list of donors will be published.

Assuming you mean outside donors...
"Fred Phelps and his small congregation provide WBC's funding; the group neither solicits nor accepts outside donations. In addition to this income, the church makes money by winning or settling civil lawsuits involving the church.
»www.splcenter.org/get-in ··· t-church

Well I'm just wrong then.

It wasn't an indictment.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game
Kumbaya?

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

said by Juggernaut:

Kumbaya?

Yes..many in SC speak Gullah.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

That's not a bad start.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned) to Hank

to Hank
said by Hank:

NormanS - Oh! Surely you gist. How can he be wrong.

Here's how:

Romans 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Romans 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

goalieskates
Premium Member
join:2004-09-12
land of big

1 recommendation

goalieskates to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

As the religious die off, the younger generations shed themselves of fairy tales and then and only then can we come together as a world that has the interest of the people truly at heart.

That's already been tried in various workers' paradises, and failed miserably. People weren't empowered, they were enslaved, and generally lived in poverty in service to the state, to boot.

Those who turn their backs on history are doomed to repeat it. Ignorance doesn't protect the younger generations or make life better; it just makes them easier to victimize.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

said by goalieskates:

said by Exodus:

That's already been tried in various workers' paradises, and failed miserably. People weren't empowered, they were enslaved, and generally lived in poverty in service to the state, to boot.

Those who turn their backs on history are doomed to repeat it. Ignorance doesn't protect the younger generations or make life better; it just makes them easier to victimize.

Archivis's Fantasy Island stance is the typical humanistic claptrap those of such ilk have belched forth for decades, if not centuries. The only thing missing from his stirring vision of Valhalla on earth is John Lennon's "Imagine" being piped in through loudspeakers to the unwashed masses.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by scelli:

Archivis's Fantasy Island stance is the typical humanistic claptrap those of such ilk have belched forth for decades, if not centuries. The only thing missing from his stirring vision of Valhalla on earth is John Lennon's "Imagine" being piped in through loudspeakers to the unwashed masses.

What about Liam Neeson's Zeus?
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned)

said by Krisnatharok:

said by scelli:

What about Liam Neeson's Zeus?

That remake was such a disappointing movie for me and thought the flick would be much better than it was!

Camaro
Question everything
Premium Member
join:2008-04-05
Westfield, MA

Camaro to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
The common sense verse.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to scelli

to scelli
said by scelli:

said by goalieskates:

said by Exodus:

Well, it beats the heck out of the 'claptrap' being spouted by religion for centuries in my opinion.

Dave
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

scelli (banned)

For better or worse in a free society, you're entitled to that opinion...just like I'm entitled to mine.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
I would love to further engage in a debate with you gents, but I've been told to keep this on topic. I have nothing else to add regarding Anon vs. WBC, so I have to drop out of this thread.

Your religion isn't right. It was never right. You've only had success through sheer numbers and only in the countries that you have numbers in. Your numbers are fading, either through people who see through the lies, or a massive growth in population by people who believe in a separate set of lies.

P.S. Liam Neeson's Zeus was the shit.

workablob
join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX

workablob to scelli

to scelli
said by scelli:

For better or worse in a free society, you're entitled to that opinion...just like I'm entitled to mine.

Agreed.

Dave
The Snowman
Premium Member
join:2007-05-20

The Snowman to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
Firefighters and police support "Stand the Wall" to protect Sandy Hook funerals from Westboro Baptist Church

Two days after Anonymous and other hacker groups announced their intention to destroy the Westboro Baptist Church over the group's plan to picket the funerals of victims of the Sandy Hook massacre, firefighters and police in New England worked together to shield the funerals from the WBC. Emergency personnel from the region came together to support "Stand the Wall" in an effort to block the potential protesters from reaching the funerals.

»www.philly.com/philly/ne ··· als.html

--------------------------------------------------------------

STAND THE WALL

FIREFIGHTERS and POLICE OFFICERS
needed in Newtown CT

Newtown CT is asking for our help.
We are trying to assemble teams of 15 to stand in a wall blocking the
Westboro Baptist Church protesters
from the families
during the funerals of the victims of the shootings.

If you are able to put together teams of 15 and can get to Newtown CT
please let us know.
If you would like to go single, or with a few,
also let us know, and we will try to put teams together.

Once teams are submitted,
they will create a schedule.

We truly appreciate your help and support

»www.thebravest.com/stand ··· all.html

goalieskates
Premium Member
join:2004-09-12
land of big

goalieskates

Premium Member

said by The Snowman:

Firefighters and police support "Stand the Wall" to protect Sandy Hook funerals from Westboro Baptist Church

Bless them.

La Luna
Fly With The Angels My Beloved Son Chris
Premium Member
join:2001-07-12
New Port Richey, FL

La Luna to The Snowman

Premium Member

to The Snowman
FWIW, I don't think Westboro has showed up. At least I haven't seen any reports that they have as yet.

Hopefully, Anonymous accomplished it's goal.
The Snowman
Premium Member
join:2007-05-20

The Snowman to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
A heart-breaking honor guard for their little comrade: Fire heroes line funeral of seven-year-old Daniel Barden who dreamed of joining their ranks - but whose life was cut short at Sandy Hook

»www.dailymail.co.uk/news ··· -up.html

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to The Snowman

Premium Member

to The Snowman
I've heard of similar human shield walls being formed in Kansas for some cops' funerals.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness

said by sivran:

I've heard of similar human shield walls being formed in Kansas for some cops' funerals.

It's been done many times, including a funeral for a veteran near where I live. I actually rode (on the road, not in the church parking lot) by to take a look, to give a thumbs up to the bikers forming the human wall, and to give the finger to the Westboro Baptist protestors. They never got near the actual funeral.
fatness

fatness to trparky

to trparky
quote:
Like last time, the team at UGNazi is saying they've attained full control of a prominent WBC member's account in retaliation for the hate group's plans to picket Newtown victim funerals. They also posted a picture of an alleged email exchange between "church" members, suggesting the account was broken into through a password reset sent to a compromise email inbox.
»gizmodo.com/5969965/hack ··· -account
fatness

fatness to trparky

to trparky
Westboro Baptist Church Newtown Funeral Protest Thwarted By Good Samaritans
quote:
Motorcylists lined up on Wednesday to protest the possible protesters. "All these guys see us and think we're bad. We're not. It's solidarity, is what it is," New York native Jim Hannigan told Newtown Patch. "I just felt I had to be here."
»twitter.com/NewtownPatch ··· /photo/1