join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog to koitsu

Premium Member

to koitsu

Re: [IPv6] Comcast IPv6 Gives Address But No Default Gateway

said by koitsu:

Router model is an Asus RT-N16, presently running TomatoUSB Toastman firmware tomato-K26USB-1.28.0500.5MIPSR2Toastman-RT-N-Ext.trx with IPv6 disabled (and if you need me to enable + test it let me know -- I have done so in the past with 100% success, but with these firmware/router adjustments needing to be applied to make things work).

I have been told people got Tomato working with DHCPv6-PD support.. Have you tried it lately? Latest code that is..

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu

MVM

said by NetDog:

said by koitsu:

Router model is an Asus RT-N16, presently running TomatoUSB Toastman firmware tomato-K26USB-1.28.0500.5MIPSR2Toastman-RT-N-Ext.trx with IPv6 disabled (and if you need me to enable + test it let me know -- I have done so in the past with 100% success, but with these firmware/router adjustments needing to be applied to make things work).

I have been told people got Tomato working with DHCPv6-PD support.. Have you tried it lately? Latest code that is..

The workarounds in the 3rd link are still needed today (at least with TomatoUSB Toastman builds). The reason is that there are conflicting situations (ISPs mainly); for example the workaround is correct for Comcast here in the states, but causes breakage when used with some ISPs in Australia. So it's not something that Toastman, at this point, feels comfortable committing.