uniqs
stardust3
join:2012-09-08
united state

stardust3 to schmeck

to schmeck

Re: Gen4/Changes Coming After Jan 1

Looks like spaghetti would stick better than that.........holy crap

If a dish is pointed to spaceway it would have a different radio, not a gen4 radio.

Dishnet is a brand, doesn't matter if it's excede or gen4 the reflector/dish pan says it all.
schmeck
join:2012-12-16
Auburndale, WI

schmeck

That is the Question? as i am not in the 5mg area ? are they pointing @ spaceway95 ?

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to stardust3

MVM

to stardust3
For readers who may not know better, the statement that was made: "Dish Network owns HughesNet now" is not true.

DISH is a spinoff of Echostar, and shares much the same ownership as Echostar.
Echostar owns HughesNet
DISH owns none of HughesNet

The difference is not academic, it is very real.
stardust3
join:2012-09-08
united state

stardust3

I never said dish owns Hughes.
Your statement is 100% accurate.
Dishnet is a brand of its own using a combination of gen4 & excede equipment.
They have their own people installing these & a much different set of guidelines from hughes.

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by stardust3:

I never said dish owns Hughes.

No sorry, I was being lazy about not going back a page to reply to the Post Falls, ID poster who said what I quoted.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to dbirdman

to dbirdman
said by dbirdman:

For readers who may not know better, the statement that was made: "Dish Network owns HughesNet now" is not true.

DISH is a spinoff of Echostar, and shares much the same ownership as Echostar.
Echostar owns HughesNet
DISH owns none of HughesNet

The difference is not academic, it is very real.

Charlie Ergan controls both Echostar and Dish. Technically they are separate companies; but come on, you're smart enough to know the reality of the situation.

dbirdman
MVM
usa

dbirdman

MVM

said by mogamer:

Charlie Ergan controls both Echostar and Dish. Technically they are separate companies; but come on, you're smart enough to know the reality of the situation.

You are talking about logical partnering, benefitting both companies largely owned by one individual. That is vastly different than one company owning another, where the officers of the owning company can and do dictate to the owned company.

You might as well say that HughesNet owns DISH Networks, it would be an extension of the same logic.

There are a huge number of companies in this country that are owned by other companies, and they may form partnerships, get sold off, etc., but they don't necessarily own one another. For example, you would be unlikely to say that Benjamin Moore Paints owns Sees Candies just because Warren Buffett controls both.

Of course sometimes an owner will choose to put one company under another, such as when Rupert Murdoch bought Hughes Electronics from GM. The various Hughes companies were sisters to other elements such as DirecTV and PanamSat, and Murdoch chose to put them all under DirecTV and eventually sell them piece-by-piece. Such actions are public knowledge when the company is publicly traded, so if Charlie ever puts Hughes under DISH it will be widely known.

In the meantime there is a logical synergism between DISH and Hughes, and both would be crazy not to exploit that.