Search similar:

uniqs
WebBluenet
join:2009-05-30
Sainte-Rose, QC

1 recommendation

WebBluenet

SkyNet Canada-Commercial Optical Network

Just a little update on what were currently working on.

25x25 @ 169.95/m
100x100 @ 349.95/m
1000x1000 @ 599.95/m

Pricing not official, but those could be the actual numbers.

End of first quarter 2013

Montreal Downtown core
Optical fiber to your equipment

We will not elaborate on network infrastructure other than its an actif (not passive epon) network.

Happy Holidays..!
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by WebBluenet:

Just a little update on what were currently working on.

25x25 @ 169.95/m
100x100 @ 349.95/m
1000x1000 @ 599.95/m

Pricing not official, but those could be the actual numbers.

End of first quarter 2013

Montreal Downtown core
Optical fiber to your equipment

We will not elaborate on network infrastructure other than its an actif (not passive epon) network.

Happy Holidays..!

Is it your fibre, or someone else's?
Cyborg994
join:2005-04-18
Montreal, QC

Cyborg994 to WebBluenet

to WebBluenet
Pricing is excellent, I assume this is not dedicated. Can you elaborate on the offering (IP addresses, coverage, install/construction fees, usage limits if any, is a percentage guaranteed like 100 mbit guaranteed on gigabit rest best effort).

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to WebBluenet

MVM

to WebBluenet
That's pretty darned fantastic pricing if it's to off-net buildings. If it's only to on-net buildings, it only gets really good at the gigabit pricepoint, I think. Look forward to hearing more details.
julienvf
join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC

julienvf to WebBluenet

to WebBluenet
Awesome price! Lowest I've seen in Montréal for 1gbit unmetered traffic was 1300$/month with Openface.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS

Premium Member

said by julienvf:

Awesome price! Lowest I've seen in Montréal for 1gbit unmetered traffic was 1300$/month with Openface.

Didn't they go under? It's been a few years since I've heard that name.
julienvf
Verdun, QC
Cisco SPA112
TP-Link TD-W8960N
Technicolor DCM475

julienvf

said by EUS:

said by julienvf:

Didn't they go under? It's been a few years since I've heard that name.

Company still in business, they're on Du Parc north of Sherbrooke where they have a datacenter... www.openface.ca
WebBluenet
Sainte-Rose, QC

WebBluenet to Guspaz

to Guspaz
Yes, this is off-net buildings.
WebBluenet

WebBluenet to Cyborg994

to Cyborg994
This would be along the lines of best effort, guaranteed 70% at all times. NO CAPS, static IP, $400 install fee. Again the dollar values are not official yet.
julienvf
Verdun, QC

julienvf to WebBluenet

to WebBluenet
month to month or with long term agreement?
WebBluenet
Sainte-Rose, QC

WebBluenet

I dont know many commercial fiber providers that do month to month
daeron
join:2012-05-11
Ottawa

daeron

said by WebBluenet:

So is that a yes we do month to month then?

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

1 recommendation

LazMan to WebBluenet

Premium Member

to WebBluenet
said by WebBluenet:

Yes, this is off-net buildings.

said by WebBluenet:

This would be along the lines of best effort, guaranteed 70% at all times. NO CAPS, static IP, $400 install fee. Again the dollar values are not official yet.

$400 install to off-net buildings? Unless you're signing people up for 15 year contracts, that's insane...

Construction costs are a minimum of a couple grand, and can be 10x that easily...

You gotta pull back the curtain a little further here... There has to be more conditions and/or costs involved.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7 to WebBluenet

to WebBluenet
Nice!
julienvf
Verdun, QC
Cisco SPA112
TP-Link TD-W8960N
Technicolor DCM475

julienvf to WebBluenet

to WebBluenet
said by WebBluenet:

lol.. I know, that's why I'm asking. If you offer that kind of pricing without the 3-year agreement, that's definitely better than others on the contract lenght side. BTW, you should not be afraid with aggressive pricing like this to offer 1-year terms. People will never ditch your fiber if it's reliable (99.9+%) at that price.
WebBluenet
Sainte-Rose, QC

WebBluenet

I get your point, but we will obviously be the target of pretty much every other provider out there. They will have no choice but to start to tinker with the idea of getting competitive with our pricing. We are not going to build this network on 1 years agreements, thats fore sure.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

$400 install to off-net buildings? Unless you're signing people up for 15 year contracts, that's insane...

Construction costs are a minimum of a couple grand, and can be 10x that easily...

You gotta pull back the curtain a little further here... There has to be more conditions and/or costs involved.

Just doing an aerial drop from a pole to a customer building with an existing FOSC costs us around $1200 by the time splicing, etc. is done. If you have to cut in a new FOSC, or you have to trench to the communications conduit, or bore under a road, it just gets worse from there.

If I have to do any major construction to get to a customer, I'll typically assess the situation, and see if it opens up any other opportunities, and might eat some of the costs - but when it comes to building a lateral in to a customer's prem, that's a different story.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Most of my stuff is underground, in a dense urban area... A new lateral off an existing duct passing by a building is typically 15-25 k all in, and 50k isn't unheard of... We won't build unless the customer signs a long enough contract to provide an RoI or covers part of the install charges.

As soon as we get out of the urban core, though, costs start to drop to more reasonable levels...