All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ez2cy
join:2008-03-05

ez2cy

No sound, usb

Running Windows 7. Did a clean up and now my plug in USB headset with mike is showing up as "does not recognize device".

What do I have to do to get it back working. The way it worked before was, I'd plug it in and the sound went from my monitor (t.v) to the headphones.

Thanks in advance
BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus

Premium Member

Well it seems clear you need to get the proper drivers for it as it's acting as an independent sound device, or you're missing the proper drivers for that usb controller.
ez2cy
join:2008-03-05

ez2cy

Ok, so why did it work before, for a long time actually?
ez2cy

ez2cy

When I check the driver to update I get a message that I have the most recent. However, when I go to check it I get;

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

??????

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Uninstall the driver, reboot and then reinstall.
Shootist
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA

Shootist to ez2cy

Premium Member

to ez2cy
It seems that in your Zest to Clean up you threw the baby out with the bath water.

there must of been some software, whether included in Windows or that you originally install when you first got the USB headset, that you somehow deleted and or disabled.

Normally USB does not carry sound. So there is some type of system, software, to output sound through the USB ports. Got to the headphone makers website and get whatever software they have for that device.