Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11

Redskin Redux

»Hail to the Liveskins

said by Rxdoxx:

so the quality depth wasn't there.
I'm seeing improvement there big time..... not fully there yet, but the bench depth is better than it has been for years, and will improve. (Hence why I talked about TEs above)
This year I like Grossman ready to come in if the unthinkable happens to RG3, next year hopefully Cousins (and relatively cheap)

I was hoping for a Shany "find a late-round RB" history to surface, and it may have in Alfred Morris. Not saying so yet, but this is now a team that will be fun to watch.

Have concerns with the Skins having a Rookie QB and some secondary weakness....
But it will be a fun ride this year.

Sept-11-2012

I was wrong about Grossman, Cousins looks like he might get a first round pick (or more) back in a trade (like Matt Cassel did).

I did call depth, Fred Davis goes down and Logan Paulsen and Niles Paul step up for one example area.

Admittedly I was bummed when Orakpo and Carriker went down, but there was quality depth. As good as the subs have played as starters, can you imagine if they were still the sub rotation? With stars fresh in the 4th Q, offences would have feared the Skins D

And a Shany find RB has set the Redskins rookie rushing record with games to go.

First place anyone? It has been a fun ride and ain't over yet.
I ain't got the bandwagon out, but I'm convinced the clown disasters are over (Beached whale Albert) I'll give them a pass on Billy Cundiff but without that slip-up there would be no tie for first. This is going to be a very competitive team in the Shanahan era.

Reserve/Injured
# Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Age Exp. College
48 Bernstine, Jordan S 5-11 214 23 R Iowa
45 Boyce, Dorson FB 6-2 249 24 1 Washington
94 Carriker, Adam DE 6-6 305 28 6 Nebraska
83 Davis, Fred TE 6-4 247 26 5 USC
38 Davis, Tristan RB 5-10 211 26 1 Auburn
17 Hanks, Darius WR 6-0 187 23 R Alabama
29 Helu, Jr., Roy RB 5-11 215 24 2 Nebraska
31 Meriweather, Brandon FS 5-11 197 28 6 Miami (Fla.)
25 Minnifield, Chase DB 6-0 186 23 R Virginia
95 Neild, Chris NT 6-2 325 25 2 West Virginia
98 Orakpo, Brian LB 6-4 257 26 4 Texas
52 Robinson, Keenan LB 6-3 238 23 R Texas
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
kudos:2

Rookie (especially backup) quarterbacks seem to be all the rage.
What the heck is going on with Kaepernick and Cousins?

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

said by grobinette:

Rookie (especially backup) quarterbacks seem to be all the rage.
What the heck is going on with Kaepernick and Cousins?

Along with Wilson in Seattle
Luck in Indy
Weeden in Cleveland
Foles in Philly
ANd of course RG3

Alfred Morris doesn;t have a chance for rookie of the year, not this year

And how long has it been since the last game of the regular season meant something? , means enough that it is now Sunday night prime time.... the stadium is going to be nutz, cowgirls are coming to town.
--

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA

It has been forever. Maybe it will be crazy enough to scare all the bad vibes of seasons past out of that place. I might just venture over just for the tailgate party.

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

You make it to the tailgate?

If not, next week you can

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA

Too cold for me to go over there yesterday. That was an impressive showing last night, even Romo had his usual crunch time meltdown.

Like you say, there is a game next week. How cool is that?

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Rxdoxx

We got to Fed Ex Field yesterdsay at 1:15 .... the stadium was rocking the whole game, even though from what I heard you couldn't tell it on the TV.

As far as rookie of the year, maybe the experts won't be able to pick between the 3 QBs and say screw it, give it the RB LOL

Moorecards

join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Rxdoxx

since it is Washington & Baltimore .. I have 1 of each

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

TY

Been a year for the area with baseball and football in both DC and Baltimore.

I don't expect SB from either team, just hoping home field gives each a first round victory.
Up here anticipating the last Hurrah for Ray Lewis (London Fletcher can't be far behind).
Add Chris Cooley's last hurrah and possibly Ed Reed's last game as a Raven....... I gotta just relax and enjoy the players while they are on the field.
--

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
kudos:1
reply to Rxdoxx

Some props to Bob and his Cousins... They showed up and got boo'd. Not bad for the 1st yr of boom shaka-lakas.... lol

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA
reply to Rxdoxx

It's looking like RGIII or Shanahan should have taken a knee..

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

Yep, conventional wisdom says that you ride the horse that you came in on, but RG3 lost being able to cut back and had to roll in a straight line to the edge...
I would have rather seen the dice roll with Cousins, if for nothing else than trade value if he did well... but it was a nice year...
Shanahan said to Snyder 5yr project.... looks to be well on course

And up here, I'm not holding great expectations for Denver trip, but Ravens are still in the hunt, and I'll watch Ray Lewis one more time.
And hope but not really expect
--

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA

Yes conventional wisdom also says you don't run a lame horse. Shoulda woulda coulda. Way too much monday morning quarterbacking going on here. They did what they did and hopefully RG is young and healthy enough to come back. I hope he goes to the pro bowl and listens when the older guys talk.

I was happy for the Ravens win. I also don't have any big expectations for them to go much further because the big dogs are waiting. But you have to enjoy the run...

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
Springfield, VA

1 recommendation

reply to Rxdoxx

So now you get to watch Ray and company at least one more time. Good win for the Ravens.