uniqs
share rss forum feed

yunier2002

join:2012-12-17

Connection issue with Comcast Internet

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Hi Guys, having an issue with my Comcast connection and will like some help figuring out if it's the modem or the connection.

Have the Motorola SB6120 that I own and have been having connection issues like irregular drops for a while now. Today all of a sudden the modem can't connect at all, "Receive" light just blinks and doesn't go past that.

Attached is a picture of the modem status page where it says offline and that's it.

Any ideas? Thanks

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10

1 edit
You need to post the signal stat numbers as well.

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
said by EG:

You need to post the signal stat numbers as well. Get them here; »192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers

Sounds like to me he has no signal in which he would not be able to get any stats...

yunier2002

join:2012-12-17
That's right there is no signal at all and nothing on the signal page that's why I didn't post it. Trying to figure out if the modem is the faulty one since it says it's offline when it's not and it's not even attempting to receive a signal according to status page...or if it's a line issue and need to get a technician. Anyone seen this problem before?

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA
Offline means it has not successfully negotiated with the system. So that will show until you get a downstream and upstream lock.

I think you need to make a call to comcast.

EG
The wings of love
Premium
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ
kudos:10
reply to ropeguru
said by ropeguru:

said by EG:

You need to post the signal stat numbers as well. Get them here; »192.168.100.1

Sounds like to me he has no signal in which he would not be able to get any stats...

I do know that fact and as a matter of fact, I'm surprised that he can access the Modem's U.I. at all. Since he posted something from it I figured he could get the stats too. Some makes and models of modems need to actually be in block sync mode in order to be able to get any access whatsoever.