spc
Search similar:

uniqs
KeyLogger
join:2007-08-08

KeyLogger

[OOL] i thought 4 channels is the problem of my speed, but QoS

qos disabled.
when qos is on, only got half that download speed.
found the problem when accidently turn qos off, been using half the speed for months, always think about congestion.

motorola sb6120, D-link DIR-601, dd-wrt's site showing the CPU is atheros 400Mhz, but my router page showing 350Mhz.

guess i need to get back my linksys e3000 (switched router with a friend using 15m DSL).
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Re: [OOL] i thought 4 channels is the problem of my speed, but Q

Brooklyn does have 8 channels, so an 8-channel modem can't hurt if you have any further speed issues, but it won't negate the slowdown from your router's QOS.
KeyLogger

KeyLogger

a friend in 21st AVE (very close to the sea-shore), have an Arris modem but still only have 4 channels.

~~~~~~~~~~
by the way, anyone who have a SB6120, would you please post the current firmware name? full name, like this, SB6120-1.0.1.8-SCM02-NOSH

logs shows update failed, seems i am stuck at an old firmware, but no problem yet.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69 to frdrizzt

to frdrizzt
Yes. I'm sure many of the speed "problems" are a result of old or misconfigured routers.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to KeyLogger

to KeyLogger
said by KeyLogger:

a friend in 21st AVE (very close to the sea-shore), have an Arris modem but still only have 4 channels.

~~~~~~~~~~
by the way, anyone who have a SB6120, would you please post the current firmware name? full name, like this, SB6120-1.0.1.8-SCM02-NOSH

logs shows update failed, seems i am stuck at an old firmware, but no problem yet.

I thought all of Brooklyn was upgraded, but I may be mistaken on that. What downstream frequencies do you have on your modem? 609/615/621/627 only, or different ones?
KeyLogger

KeyLogger

i have frequencies as you mentioned, since my modem only supports up to 4, so i don't know if my node have 8. but my friend got the exact same 4 channels with an Arris modem supports 8.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

I have arris and i'm on 8 channels.