Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

andsoitgoes

join:2005-04-22
Surrey, BC
reply to Kruisey

Re: Netflix and Internet use

Optik quality is terrible in comparison to any of the download services. iTunes and Microsoft are free from the terrible compression through TELUS.

As for the pricing, if you watch 3 or 4 shows, you can buy season passes for those shows. Since they're the only reason you're watching the pay channels, you end up paying less for more. $32 for homeland, which is about 12 eps, 3 months worth. Better quality, always have it, includes extras. If you watch other shows on the channel, then it doesn't make sense. But there's no question you will certainly see that Optik HD quality is nowhere near as good. My wife doesn't notice the difference in quality, but she also doesn't mind watching a show in SD when she could easily find it in hd. You may be along the line of her tastes.

Kruisey

join:2006-12-30
Vancouver, BC

I got a new TV a few months ago and my pictures have improved 100% its the latest Samsung smart TV.
Some of the movies have not got the colour quality others do.
The live shows like CBC and Global TV news are excellent.
Homeland does come over really well on this set.Have the HDMI for sound.
Wow I hope they have a Season Three of Homeland its the best show ever.

spock

join:2012-07-08

Homeland has to be the worst show ever!!! I heard season 3 will be terrible too.

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to Kruisey

I agree. +1 Homeland isn't all that good
--
The more I C, the less I see.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

I changed my mind its a dreadful show.

spock

join:2012-07-08
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Kruisey

said by Kruisey:

I got a new TV a few months ago and my pictures have improved 100% its the latest Samsung smart TV.
Some of the movies have not got the colour quality others do.
The live shows like CBC and Global TV news are excellent.
Homeland does come over really well on this set.Have the HDMI for sound.
Wow I hope they have a Season Three of Homeland its the best show ever.

I hooked my Blu-Ray up to my 2.9 subfeed mux and reversed it through my co-ax attenuator. When I had that going, netflix was playing pretty good. Like it wasn't what you were describing Kruisey, but it was pretty damm close.

Kruisey

Vancouver, BC

I looked at Netflix it does not have the newest shows and I have seen the movies it offered.Thats probably why it is cheaper because it has older shows and films.
Nice price for those that have not already seen the contents.

Actually I do love' Homeland' .Very clever script writers.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:2
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel

said by Kruisey:

I looked at Netflix it does not have the newest shows and I have seen the movies it offered.

That's partly because content owners don't want Netflix (and any other online streaming) to dig into their traditional TV ad revenue and DVD sales.

Thus the ridiculous delays anywhere from months to years before stuff makes it to Netflix.

And then there's all the licensing issues, for which the CRTC is partially to blame.

Services like Netflix have so much potential, but are unfortunately on a very short leash.