All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
hok (banned)
join:2002-02-27

hok (banned)

VoxOx » Registration intermittently fails

I have been using PBXes (»www.pbxes.com/) for registration to VoxOx (»www.voxox.com/) for years. In past few weeks, I noticed that IP phone did not ring sometimes. Yet, mobile phone with VoxOx find me feature does always ring. Just click Submit & Start button in Personal Data of PBXes will register to VoxOx again, but never know when registration will fail again.

Can others confirm this issue? How about any fix for the issue?
zapattack
join:2012-07-02
CANADA

zapattack

I see the same problem with VOIP.MS and PBXes, and same resolution.
Fortunately, V.MS has a little widget/gadget for Windows that shows registration status at a minimum of five minute intervals.
I can't change from the LA server because PBXes rejects almost all the other ones and, of course, no way to report this on a free service.
On another front, PBXes accepts gvgw1 from the Simonics server, but not gvgw3. Something strange in the PBXes code.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

Hok, I have my SIP credentials to one of my Voxox accounts, but have not interconnected with Voxox via SIP in ages. If I have time perhaps I will set it up in PBXes to see if I can replicate your issue.
said by zapattack:

On another front, PBXes accepts gvgw1 from the Simonics server, but not gvgw3. Something strange in the PBXes code.

Interesting. I recently set up a Simonics GV gateway, almost expressly with the intention of using it with PBXes, but I was assigned to GVGW3 so it wouldn't work with PBXes.

I turned to Simonics because PBXes ultimately eliminated all other ways of using GV from their system. I'd initially connected to my own and other personal PIAF PBXs, which had GV trunks, but PBXes' free offering eliminated the ability to connect to one's own PBX as a trunk. Then I was able to add GV as a trunk directly to PBXes GV trunk, via an unsupported glitch, but that glitch was then removed. So I finally set up the Simonics gateway, but it was rejected by PBXes. So, assuming I am allowed to re-home from GVGW3 to GVGW1, I may try PBXes again.

My guess is that PBXes really doesn't want anyone to use GV with their free offering -- they've proven this many times -- and that they'll soon lock-out GVGW1 as well...
hok (banned)
join:2002-02-27

hok (banned) to zapattack

to zapattack
The reason I think it is VoxOx instead of PBXes is that other trunks like those with SIP Sorcery do not have this problem. Moreover, I use SIP Sorcery for Google Voice SIP connection.
hok

hok (banned) to brg

to brg
said by brg:

Then I was able to add GV as a trunk directly to PBXes GV trunk, via an unsupported glitch, but that glitch was then removed.

Is it via SipDroid?

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

No; I've never used SIPDroid. This was back when PBXes first started offering GV peering on paid-only accounts.

At the time, from a free account, you could start adding a trunk, and could erase-and-overwrite the trunk credentials to add-in your GV trunk using the specifics appropriate for a paid account. That work-around lasted for a while but was eventually blocked.