uniqs
share rss forum feed

rolfp

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1
reply to Katzendreck

Re: [NFL] Week 15 Games Discussion

Really good. The level of play was very high. Not a whole lot in the way of mistakes. The 49ers surprised a lot of people. Can't rule them out.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
49ers vs Broncos Super Bowl?

rolfp

Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
Don't wanna jinx. It's all one game at a time. Just a casual follower, I will say Harbaugh is a top-notch coach who makes a difference. The D is at the top of the NFL. Gore continues to prove me wrong wrt my concerns about his age. There is a lot of new and old talent on that team. Injuries always play a role and Akers can lose/has lost games single-footedly. Looks like he's always pushing the FG kick, recently. Maybe he can prove me wrong.

Eagles LoveR
Dawkins is a true Eagle
Premium
join:2001-11-29
Trenton, NJ
Akers has been doing it for years. Last game as an Eagles in 2010 he did it

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
It'd be great for AP to break the single season rushing record this year.

capdjq
Premium
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver
The SF vs NE last was a classic.
The AFC winner is the Broncos. If they can win out against Cleveland and KC they become the No 2 seed. If they meet NE in the play offs it will be in the friendly confines of Mile High. I still feel they can beat Houston at their Home.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

The Rams didn't put up much of a fight. Which is sad because the current record holder was a Ram and he asked them before the game to defend his record.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

AB
Premium
join:2006-04-04
Leesburg, VA
kudos:3
said by footballdude:

said by I AM:

The Rams didn't put up much of a fight. Which is sad because the current record holder was a Ram and he asked them before the game to defend his record.

The old 'win one for the Gipper' syndrome, eh? So what happens now that the Gip didn't get his?
Did the Rams intentionally dis Dickerson, give him the old up-yer-rooti bub, laughing and pointing every time Petersen ripped off another run?
Oh, the pitfalls of the 'Gipper' syndrome . . .

St. Louis Rams aren't the same team as the L.A. Rams anyway, just like the Baltimore Ravens aren't the Cleveland Browns.

If Dickerson wants his record to stay so badly, he should've rushed for more yards. Go, Adrian.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

I hope he breaks it. To come back from a severe injury and then break the single-season rushing record would be awesome.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to rolfp
I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB. They will not win it. They had a better chance to do so this year with Smith. Eventually Kaepernick may absolutely prove to be a real elite QB but despite good stats he makes a lot of mistakes of the kind that will cost him--especially in the "bad" interception department. Frankly I am amazed at how many mistakes he makes not only in the bad interceptions category as opposed to just the number of interceptions but also the number of poor choices of the types of pass, (trajectory/touch/air under--not accuracy per se) to throw on certain plays or routes of his receivers.

Akers is a mystery. At times, for a long time there actually he looked super but he is clearly struggling big time. He is probable this week with a pelvis injury. A pelvis injury definitely has to affect his kicking.

Smith will be gone next year but if he goes to a good team that needs a QB and has a good coaching staff he will shine.

rolfp

Oakland, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
Harbaugh inherited Smith and coached the team to the first Division Title since 2002, the first NFC Championship since 1997. He chose Kaepernick. Smith is good but has flaws. He seems to freeze under pressure and makes mistakes, too. He plays on a very good team with a good coaching staff already. He has done well but is concussed, which can represent an additional vulnerability. Kaepernick doesn't have all the experience but he appears to me to have all the skills and an additional resourcefulness when the going gets tough. Barring injury, he will get better. A very good coach has decided. We'll see.

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to AB
said by AB:

Did the Rams intentionally dis Dickerson

The Rams controlled the run pretty well for most of the game, but Peterson ripped off two long (50+ yard) runs that blew up the stat sheet, then added to his totals in garbage time. On the 84 yard TD, the Rams were in some weird sort of pass defense where the defensive line dropped back in coverage and Peterson just said, "Cool!" and blew through the line. Why they would call a D like that on first down is beyond me.

said by Blogger:

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB

Wasn't Smith leading the NFC in passer rating? On a first place team? I really don't see why someone would replace a QB mid season when the guy was performing like that. Kaepernick single handedly gave away the second Rams game. Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by footballdude:

Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.

Unless they are Mark Sanchez!!!

With Smith I don't see a way they score 41 against the Pats. Their defense is great but they have to be able to put up points against teams like the Pats, Green Bay, etc. Gutsy call by Harbaugh and the story isn't finish yet. He'll either look like real smart or not so smart.

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by Blogger:

I know that I'm very much in the minority with my opinion but Harbaugh really made a very bad decision in replacing Smith with Kaepernick this year at this time. Kaepernick is going to cost them in the playoffs/SB

Wasn't Smith leading the NFC in passer rating? On a first place team? I really don't see why someone would replace a QB mid season when the guy was performing like that. Kaepernick single handedly gave away the second Rams game. Very few rookie QBs win playoff games.

Yes, he had QB rating of 114 and in an area or football performance player statistic that I personally consider extremely important and one the single biggest predictor of success, yards per passing attempt he was tied with Peyton Manning with the lead in the NFL at 8.0 yards. That's higher than Brady, Brees, Eli, Rodgers, and, well I could go on but you get the picture.

Funny since Kaepernick took over the team has been less successful and have struggled in winning games.

Oh well, time will tell for this year very shortly.